Senior Product Designer
BUREAU OF TECHNOLOGY – PRODUCT /
LONG TERM CONTRACT (CDI)
Founded in 2014, BackMarket is the first online marketplace dedicated exclusively to refurbished electronic devices. With 158M€ raised already, we are sabotaging ‘new’ by connecting highly selected certified professionals to consumers who are looking for a more affordable, reliable and ecological alternative to purchasing brand new products.
Leading the way in a shift towards a circular economy, freeing the planet from electronic waste, and building a global leading tech company are three solid reasons to wake up very morning. Taking part in BackMarket’s adventure means committing to an ambitious project with a strong social and environmental impact!
We are committed to providing an inclusive, fulfilling and caring work environment in all our offices (Paris, Bordeaux, New-York, Prague and Berlin). This is an opportunity for you to join a talented, humble and passionate team at the heart of innovation : our Bureau Of Technology.
About the job :
You love building great & simple interfaces and the user is your focus. You see the big picture, think about the user journey and how it can be improve. But you also know that the devil is in the details and you conceive any animations, transitions, and so on.
As a Senior Product Designer at Back Market, you will be responsible for the UX and the UI of some of our Feature Teams. You will build, design, animate, test, and iterate a lot of features with a lot of different (and extraordinary) people. And all this to make the world a better place <3
In close collaboration with our Product Owners and UX Researchers, your mission will be to bring a plethora of concepts and product evolution. You’ll have to work on a daily basis with our developers to validate the technical consistency of your proposals and to ensure the deep understanding of your design expectations.
You will also be one of the interlocutors of other Back Markets services (Marketing, Brand, Business etc.) in order to understand their needs and expectations.
It’s a mandatory mindset for us to work on our user experience, our brand, our tone and our way of expressing.
Our goal is to offer more than just an alternative for tech products: we want to do e-commerce differently.
You will be responsible for :
- Designing new features, from wireframing to final rendering (we are working with Sketch)
- Making these features sexy by adding a UI layer in link with our BackMarket tone and brand image
- Solving our actual interfaces issues
- Using and making constantly evolve our design system
- Thinking how the experience will reflect on every devices used by our customers
- Presenting, communicating and developing your ideas and concept in order to spread the design culture to all your stakeholders
You’re perfect for this role if :
- You have a solid background in visual and product design environment, working with stakeholders to deliver impact
- You are experienced in managing and growing a design system
- You have a clear UX vision
- You have a wish to motivate all your conception choices strategically (based on insights, KPIs etc.)
- You can easily animate interactions that you have in mind
- You have a real product culture and you are always looking for new inspiration
- Team spirit is essential for you and good work relationships are important for you
- You got an entrepreneurial spirit, you are open-minded and you want to go beyond
- You speak English, we are an international team
Recruitment process :
- Call with HR
- Interview with Ray, our Head of Design
- Live Design challenge with Design team
- Interviews with the rest of the team
- Interview with our CEO and cofounder, Thibaud
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN US ?
• A meaningful job : through hard work, you will help avoid thousands of tons of electronic waste and fight against planned obsolescence. It counts!
• An attractive salary, equity, multiple benefits (meal tickets, health insurance, etc...), parental benefits, remote friendly, relocation package, internal events, etc…
• Technical challenges all day every day : you will have the freedom to innovate and adapt new ideas!
• Work with passionate experts who will share their knowledge and help you develop and grow! (Backademy, technical guilds, Meet-up & Conference)
• Grow your career with a flexible career path, BackMarket can help you evolve!
• A booming scale-up: our environment is rapidly growing in Europe, the USA and soon in Asia!
• A lot of fun : you will have the opportunity to work in a fast paced, open minded and friendly environment.
Backmarket is an Equal Opportunity Employer for any minority, disability, gender identity or sexual orientation.