Public Affairs Manager H/F
SUPPLY – SUPPLY OPERATIONS /
LONG TERM CONTRACT (CDI)
Back Market, already present in the US and 6 EU countries (UK, Germany, France, Spain, Italy, Belgium), is the leader in the refurbished electronics and appliances market segment, with the goal to make buying refurbished products as normal as buying new products.
With $80bn market segment size, the refurbished electronics and appliances market segments represent a huge growth opportunity for Back Market, and we’re only getting started as there are still 8 times more products sold as new than refurbished today.
With the advent of a global environmental conscience, more and more customers, manufacturers, retailers and public bodies are taking a stance on the environment. To steer Back Market and advocate for policies that enable the circular economy, we are looking for a passionate Public Affairs Lead.
Within the Operations team, reporting directly to our Chief Operations Officer, you will be in charge of leading global Public Affairs for Back Market, based in France but covering all countries where we operate (US and EU). You bring a strong network of government, indutry and NGO contacts and work with them to advocate for policies supporting Back Market’s business. You proactively identify regulatory risks and opportunities, build plans for each and onboard the right parties (Finance, Legal, Operations, CXOs) to achieve the plans.
The role is based in Paris.
YOUR MISSIONS IF YOU ACCEPT IT:
- Identify regulatory and policy risks and opportunities on environment, circular economy, ecology;
- Globally (US and EU);
- Build and implement a plan to adress risks and opportunities;
- Work closely with the Brand, Sales, Quality, Marketing, Finance and legal teams to build and implement the plan;
- Onboard CXOs and other back makers to achieve your goals, and connect them with the right people in the government, industry and NGO;
- Establish Back Market as the biggest and most trusted voice on the circular economy globally.
YOU ARE AT THE RIGHT PLACE IF:
- Top political or business school in your country.
- 7 years’ experience in public affairs, government or NGO in the field of environment.
- Strong network accross government, industry and NGO in EU and US
- Best in class verbal communication.
- Strong experience with press relations.
- Outstanding influencing skill: track record of working successfully with multiple functions and to align diverse teams on a common goal.
- Phone interview with Elisa, our Talent Acquisition Manager
- Interview with Raoul, our COO
- Interview with Serge, VP USA
- Interview with Vianney, our CCO
- Interview with Thibaud, our CEO
Save the planet... join Back Market ! 💚