Senior/Lead Security Engineer - SOR
BUREAU OF TECHNOLOGY – DEVOPS /
LONG TERM CONTRACT (CDI)
Founded in 2014, BackMarket is the first online marketplace dedicated exclusively to refurbished electronic devices. With 158M€ raised already, we are sabotaging ‘new’ by connecting highly selected certified professionals to consumers who are looking for a more affordable, reliable and ecological alternative to purchasing brand new products.
Leading the way in a shift towards a circular economy, freeing the planet from electronic waste, and building a global leading tech company are three solid reasons to wake up very morning. Taking part in BackMarket’s adventure means committing to an ambitious project with a strong social and environmental impact!
We are committed to providing an inclusive, fulfilling and caring work environment in all our offices (Paris, Bordeaux, New-York, Prague and Berlin). This is an opportunity for you to join a talented, humble and passionate team at the heart of innovation : our Bureau Of Technology.
As a Senior/Lead Security Engineer - SOR (Supervision, Operations, and Response) protecting Back Market's information assets is your first priority.
Through technical audits of applications and systems, code reviews, architecture, compliance, security test automation and best practices, you contribute to the ongoing improvement of the position of the current security to ensure that that you are aware of any current threat indicators, ready to react in case of any incidents.
We have huge ambitions and aim for excellence. We count on you to support and advise our teams on the technical security aspect of these challenges.
Required profile :
- You are a talented engineer with at least 4 years of experience in web application security in dynamic cloud environments.
- Best practices and standards such as OWASP WSTG, OWASP SAMM, OWASP ASVS or CSVS, ISO/IEC 27035, or CIS benchmarks are among your favorite references.
- You are focused on about the analysis, whether it be threat modeling, or qualification during an incident response, before any action is taken.
- You are convinced by the importance of security test automation to support a DevOps to DevSecOps approach, and developing your own scripts and tools is an essential part of your mission.
- You are curious, rigorous, enjoy exploring new methods and technologies, and know how to express your limits as a security expert.
- You like to share knowledge. The most important for you is to make your colleagues aware of good safety practices, by supporting your proposals with concrete examples and technical demonstrations.
- Your skills are recognized by a certification such as GWAPT, GWEB, GPEN, OSCP, CEH, GCIH, GCFA - or you are ready to obtain it in the near future.
- You want to join a challenging technical environment: AWS, GCP, Kubernetes, Terraform, Terragrunt, Datadog, Spinnaker, Cloudflare, Docker, Aurora, etc., where you can learn, develop and gain responsibility.
- Great verbal and written communication skills, in English
Recruitment process :
* Call with Yann one of our tech talent acquisition specialist
* Technical interview with members of the tech team
* Team Fit Interview with your Manager and one of your potential futur coworker
* Interview with Quentin our CTO and Co-founder
* Interview with Thibaud our CEO and Co-founder
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN US ?
• A meaningful job : through hard work, you will help avoid thousands of tons of electronic waste and fight against planned obsolescence. It counts!
• An attractive salary, equity, multiple benefits (meal tickets, health insurance, etc...), parental benefits, remote friendly, relocation package, internal events, etc…
• Technical challenges all day every day : you will have the freedom to innovate and adapt new ideas!
• Work with passionate experts who will share their knowledge and help you develop and grow! (Backademy, technical guilds, Meet-up & Conference)
• Grow your career with a flexible career path, BackMarket can help you evolve!
• A booming scale-up: our environment is rapidly growing in Europe, the USA and soon in Asia!
• A lot of fun : you will have the opportunity to work in a fast paced, open minded and friendly environment.
Backmarket is an Equal Opportunity Employer for any minority, disability, gender identity or sexual orientation.