Senior / Lead Data Engineer
BUREAU OF TECHNOLOGY – DATA /
LONG TERM CONTRACT (CDI)
Founded in 2014, BackMarket is the first online marketplace dedicated exclusively to refurbished electronic devices. With 158M€ raised already, we are sabotaging ‘new’ by connecting highly selected certified professionals to consumers who are looking for a more affordable, reliable and ecological alternative to purchasing brand new products.
Leading the way in a shift towards a circular economy, freeing the planet from electronic waste, and building a global leading tech company are three solid reasons to wake up very morning. Taking part in BackMarket’s adventure means committing to an ambitious project with a strong social and environmental impact!
We are committed to providing an inclusive, fulfilling and caring work environment in all our offices (Paris, Bordeaux, New-York, Prague and Berlin). This is an opportunity for you to join a talented, humble and passionate team at the heart of innovation : our Bureau Of Technology.
BackMarket is looking for Senior / Lead Data Engineer who will actively contribute to the strategy and growth of our big data infrastructure.
The core competencies of this role include managing and organising data, looking for trends and inconsistencies that impact business goals as well as continuous improvement.
You will be responsible for :
- Participating, advising and supporting the technical choices of the other teams involved (Data Scientists, Data Analysts, Business, Marketing, Product etc...)
- Contributing to the recruitment of Data Engineering technical skills
- Building and supervising the data platform allowing us to collect internal and external data for BackMarket
- Collecting, consolidating, enhancing and modelling large volumes of data (Big Data, Data Warehouse, Data Lake)
- Developing and automating data flows from ingest to visualization in dashboards and reportings
- Ensuring the scalability, security, stability and availability of the platform's data
You’re perfect for this role if :
- You have an excellent command of a programming language (Python, Go...)
- You are a follower of the "Software Craftsmanship" manifesto, in search of continuous improvement
- You are able to communicate results in a clear and concise manner
- You participated in the construction and supervision of production architectures: Batch/Streaming (Spark, Kafka...), Data Warehouse (Snowflake), Big Data, Algorithm, NoSQL, Parallel Programming
- You have good experiences and convictions about cloud architectures
- You have good experiences with infrastructure-as-code
- You are flexible and creative in problem solving
- You are well organized, autonomous, rigorous and have a very good team spirit
Icing on the cake, you are interested in :
- Git, Linux, Django, REST, bash
- Data Lakes
- Designing and developing RESTful APIs
- Multi-threading and continuous integration
- Celery, RabbitMQ, ElasticSearch
- Scalability and Security tests
Recruitment process :
- Call with HR
- Technical test & interviews with the Data and tech team
- Interview with our VP of engineering, Sylvain
- Interviews with our founders, Quentin (CTO) and Thibaud (CEO)
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN US ?
• A meaningful job : through hard work, you will help avoid thousands of tons of electronic waste and fight against planned obsolescence. It counts!
• An attractive salary, equity, multiple benefits (meal tickets, health insurance, etc...), parental benefits, remote friendly, relocation package, internal events, etc…
• Technical challenges all day every day : you will have the freedom to innovate and adapt new ideas!
• Work with passionate experts who will share their knowledge and help you develop and grow! (Backademy, technical guilds, Meet-up & Conference)
• Grow your career with a flexible career path, BackMarket can help you evolve!
• A booming scale-up: our environment is rapidly growing in Europe, the USA and soon in Asia!
• A lot of fun : you will have the opportunity to work in a fast paced, open minded and friendly environment.
Backmarket is an Equal Opportunity Employer for any minority, disability, gender identity or sexual orientation.