COUNTRY, CATEGORY – CATEGORY /
LONG TERM CONTRACT (CDI)
Founded in 2014, BackMarket is the first online marketplace dedicated exclusively to refurbished electronic devices. With 158M€ raised already, we are sabotaging ‘new’ by connecting highly selected certified professionals to consumers who are looking for a more affordable, reliable and ecological alternative to purchasing brand new products.
Leading the way in a shift towards a circular economy, freeing the planet from electronic waste, and building a global leading tech company are three solid reasons to wake up very morning. Taking part in BackMarket’s adventure means committing to an ambitious project with a strong social and environmental impact!
We are committed to providing an inclusive, fulfilling and caring work environment in all our offices (Paris, Bordeaux, New-York, Prague and Berlin). This is an opportunity for you to join a talented, humble and passionate team at the heart of innovation : our Bureau Of Technology.
Already live in 7 European countries with meteoritic growth since its founding in 2014 (run rate of several hundreds of millions of GMV), Back Market is expanding in more countries in Europe as well as launching new product categories in addition to our core categories of smartphones and macbooks, to build the leading global marketplace for refurbished electronics and appliances.
Within the Category and Country team, which is in charge of ensuring our geographical and categorial expansion, you will be reporting directly to our Lead Categories Manager.
You will be in charge of increasing sales on our non-smarphone revenue in Europe and the US, which is a key driver for Back Market’s growth. You’ll be working closely with all internal teams (Business development, quality, product, catalog, marketing, Business Intelligence…) to monitor success KPIs, and work on joint projects.
Your Mission If You Accept It:
- Monitor the performance of your categories (supply, sales, pricing, P&L…) and provide business advice based on the KPIs
- Build dashboard and business reviews
- Spot global trends on the electronics and appliances market which would support Back Market’s growth;
- Implement new and automated processes to improve our internal performance and offer easy to use tools for our internal stakeholders.
- Support all internal teams with impactful data and insights.
- Make recommendations to improve customer experience on site (navigation, filters, attributes…)
- Simultaneously manage a lot of complex projects which will transform the company.
You're At The Right Place If:
- You studied in Top Engineering or Business School in your country;
- You have previous experience working for a marketplace
- You have 5+ years’ experience as Category Manager /Product manager/Project manager/Vendor Manager
- You have strong analytical skills using Excel, Tableau and SQL
- You have an excellent business sense, communication skills, and ability to create team dynamics with people you don’t have any hierarchical link with.
- English is a no brainer for you!
- Phone Interview with Billy, Talent Acquisition Specialist
- Technical Test
- Interview with Lucie, New Category Manager
- Interview with Cyprien, Head of Country & Category
- Interview with Raoul, COO and Thibaud, CEO and co-founder
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN US ?
• A meaningful job : through hard work, you will help avoid thousands of tons of electronic waste and fight against planned obsolescence. It counts!
• An attractive salary, multiple benefits (meal tickets, health insurance, etc...), remote friendly, internal events, etc…
• Technical challenges all day every day : you will have the freedom to innovate and adapt new ideas!
• Work with passionate experts who will share their knowledge and help you develop and grow! (Backademy, technical guilds, Meet-up & Conference)
• Grow your career with a flexible career path, BackMarket can help you evolve!
• A booming scale-up: our environment is rapidly growing in Europe, the USA and soon in Asia!
• A lot of fun : you will have the opportunity to work in a fast paced, open minded and friendly environment.
Backmarket is an Equal Opportunity Employer for any minority, disability, gender identity or sexual orientation.