Backend Engineer (Python)
BUREAU OF TECHNOLOGY – BACK-END /
LONG TERM CONTRACT (CDI)
Founded in 2014, BackMarket is the first online marketplace dedicated exclusively to refurbished electronic devices. With 158M€ raised already, we are sabotaging ‘new’ by connecting highly selected certified professionals to consumers who are looking for a more affordable, reliable and ecological alternative to purchasing brand new products.
Leading the way in a shift towards a circular economy, freeing the planet from electronic waste, and building a global leading tech company are three solid reasons to wake up very morning. Taking part in BackMarket’s adventure means committing to an ambitious project with a strong social and environmental impact!
We are committed to providing an inclusive, fulfilling and caring work environment in all our offices (Paris, Bordeaux, New-York, Prague and Berlin). This is an opportunity for you to join a talented, humble and passionate team at the heart of innovation : our Bureau Of Technology.
BackMarket is looking for Backend Software Developers who will help to design, develop, and manage the technical functionalities related to the evolution and adaptation of our international business.
You will be working in an agile "build it and run it" environment where engineering teams build, launch, monitor and support the product that they own.
We are looking for passion in creating systems by producing clean, consistent and well-organised code. As well as a good team player supporting colleagues and creating a learning and sharing environment!
The Tech team is growing as fast as the business, and we are looking for people to join us in multiple teams. Whether it will be on the management of customers and suppliers payments (Bucks), our after-sales and quality services (Customer Satisfaction), our merchant back-office tooling and interface, or just new teams for brand new products, choice is yours !
What you will bring to the team
- 3-4 years of experience as a talented developer
- Love in distributed, high-volume services in Python (or any language) and good knowledge in shipping high-quality code.(clean code, TDD, BDD, DDD, SOLID)
- Curiosity, proactivity, teamspirit and passion
- Scrum and Kanban are not karate moves and you hate the V cycle.
- Great verbal and written communication skills, in English at least, French is a plus.
- Interest in our tech stack : AWS, Kubernetes, Docker, RestFul API, Python, VueJs, Nuxt, Algolia, Datadog, Spinnaker, SQS, ElasticSearch, Nginx, UWSGI.
- Beginner chess players accepted. We also take those who prefer board games and musicians (we have a band !)
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN US ?
• A meaningful job : through hard work, you will help avoid thousands of tons of electronic waste and fight against planned obsolescence. It counts!
• An attractive salary, equity, multiple benefits (meal tickets, health insurance, etc...), parental benefits, remote friendly, relocation package, internal events, etc…
• Technical challenges all day every day : you will have the freedom to innovate and adapt new ideas!
• Work with passionate experts who will share their knowledge and help you develop and grow! (Backademy, technical guilds, Meet-up & Conference)
• Grow your career with a flexible career path, BackMarket can help you evolve!
• A booming scale-up: our environment is rapidly growing in Europe, the USA and soon in Asia!
• A lot of fun : you will have the opportunity to work in a fast paced, open minded and friendly environment.
Backmarket is an Equal Opportunity Employer for any minority, disability, gender identity or sexual orientation.