BUREAU OF TECHNOLOGY – QA /
LONG TERM CONTRACT (CDI)
Founded in 2014, BackMarket is the first online marketplace dedicated exclusively to refurbished electronic devices. With 158M€ raised already, we are sabotaging ‘new’ by connecting highly selected certified professionals to consumers who are looking for a more affordable, reliable and ecological alternative to purchasing brand new products.
Leading the way in a shift towards a circular economy, freeing the planet from electronic waste, and building a global leading tech company are three solid reasons to wake up very morning. Taking part in BackMarket’s adventure means committing to an ambitious project with a strong social and environmental impact!
We are committed to providing an inclusive, fulfilling and caring work environment in all our offices (Paris, Bordeaux, New-York, Prague and Berlin). This is an opportunity for you to join a talented, humble and passionate team at the heart of innovation : our Bureau Of Technology.
About the job :
Working closely with product owner and our backend teams, you will be owner of your environment and will lead QA efforts to improve our automated testing strategy. You will work with all of our departments on identifying and fixing testing pain points on our roadmap and architecture.
System reliability is crucial to us and your work will have a major impact on the evolution of our product. But, more importantly, you will be a part of a wider team that all have the same vision to challenge the way we consume “new” products.
What you will be doing
Manage and Improve our automated test strategy (Selenium / Postman), and deliver top-notch tooling and testing environments.Work in an agile "build it and run it" environment where engineering teams build, launch, monitor, and support the sections that they ownEvangelize automated testing to your stakeholders and help them construct an ambitious testing roadmap (functional, integration, non-regression, performance, load, security)Integrate into the deployment cycle and facilitate collaboration to solve interesting and exciting problems related to our international scaling (Europe, USA, and Japan)Cultivate an open communication culture with constant feedback between team membersIdentify your team pain points and drive improvements in our processes and leading adoption of best practicesSupport teams in increasing delivery proficiency by creating a learning environment.
What you will bring to the team
- A technical vision for your team and a passion for creating automated testing and improving your environment.
- A love to answer a specific problem with a specific solution, and if needed, a handmade one.
- A passion to work in a high-volume environment. You think big and will drive our scalability to the maximum.
- A passion for best development practices (such as clean code, TDD, BDD, KISS, etc.)
- A capability to receive and give feedback in a safe and inclusive workplace
- Great verbal and written communication skills in English
- Excitement for learning about how our industry works and the impact we bring to both our customers and the world
- Hopefully a love for exploding kittens and board games !
- Call with Yann, our tech recruiter
- Technical Test & Two (2) interviews with the BoT team
- Interview with our co-founders, Quentin, CTO & Thibaud, CEO
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN US ?
• A meaningful job : through hard work, you will help avoid thousands of tons of electronic waste and fight against planned obsolescence. It counts!
• An attractive salary, equity, multiple benefits (meal tickets, health insurance, etc...), parental benefits, remote friendly, relocation package, internal events, etc…
• Technical challenges all day every day : you will have the freedom to innovate and adapt new ideas!
• Work with passionate experts who will share their knowledge and help you develop and grow! (Backademy, technical guilds, Meet-up & Conference)
• Grow your career with a flexible career path, BackMarket can help you evolve!
• A booming scale-up: our environment is rapidly growing in Europe, the USA and soon in Asia!
• A lot of fun : you will have the opportunity to work in a fast paced, open minded and friendly environment.
Backmarket is an Equal Opportunity Employer for any minority, disability, gender identity or sexual orientation.