Social Media Intern (Summer 2017)
At Backstage and Sonicbids, we're focused on providing the best career management platform that matches creative professionals with career-building opportunities. To date, we've helped tens of thousands of acting professionals and musicians grow their careers, be it in front of the camera, on Broadway, at SXSW or within an intimate coffeehouse setting.
We are looking for a highly-motivated, hungry, and social-savvy intern to join our dual-brand marketing team. This role will be instrumental in helping to manage our active online creative community, centered around trust, professional development and relationship-building. As our Social Media Intern, you will report to our Social Media Manager.
This internship complies with DOL guidelines for internships. Previous interns studied at Cornell, Dartmouth, Duke, Harvard, Penn, BC, BU, UVa and FIT.
- Assist with the overall management of Backstage and Sonicbids' social media accounts on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Help brainstorm and execute new content and campaign ideas for our various brands and platforms.
- Identify and respond to customer service inquiries made via social media.
- Work hand-in-hand with the social team to conduct special events, contests, and other promotions.
- Learn the ins and outs of social analytics reporting.
- Help with various ad-hoc projects as needed.
- You are able to work a minimum 10 hours a week from our office in DUMBO, Brooklyn.
- Have a love of social media and understand how it fits into the modern-day marketing landscape.
- You are currently working towards an undergraduate or graduate degree.
- Have strong writing and editing skills.
- You revel in fast-paced environments, and are a hungry and motivated team player!
- Obtaining an undergraduate or graduate degree in communications, journalism, or marketing.
- Has previously helped manage company or brand social media accounts.
- Is familiar with platforms such as Hootsuite, Facebook Insights, or any other social tracking/listening tools.
- Has a passion for some aspect of the entertainment business.
Backstage, LLC (owner of Backstage.com, Backstage Magazine and Sonicbids.com) is the leading subscription-based digital platform for non-desk jobs - providing tools and content to help performing artists and creative professionals manage their careers, market themselves and open up new opportunities. We are experiencing significant growth and are looking to add a talented member to our team. The company is private equity backed and has teams operating out of NY, Boston, and Los Angeles.