Australian Casting & Outreach Specialist, Sydney/Melbourne
Backstage, the world’s most trusted casting resource, is hiring for a Casting and Entertainment-Industry Outreach Specialist in Australia.
Backstage connects content-creators with the talent needed to take their projects to the next level. Founded in 1960, Backstage is a popular performing-arts news magazine with an advanced suite of online casting tools that have helped thousands of theater-makers & filmmakers find actors, dancers, singers, models, comedians & crew.
The Sydney/Melbourne Outreach Specialist is responsible for introducing Backstage’s online casting tools to casting directors, agents, filmmakers, theater creators, film schools, production companies, actors, performers, and digital-video producers and directors.
Additionally, this position will be responsible for researching and gathering AU leads and insights; visiting local universities and prospective clients' offices to demo Backstage's services; and managing clients' accounts to ensure that they understand how to use Backstage.com effectively; as well as ensuring that their casting calls receive a strong response from quality applicants.
The ideal candidate will have existing connections in the entertainment industry, as well as knowledge about the casting needs and processes of film students and industry professionals.
For an example of the tools that the Outreach Specialist will be introducing to the AUSTRALIAN film and theater community, visit http://faq.backstage.com/user-guide-casting-director
- Identify and reach out to casting directors, indie filmmakers, production companies, digital-video producers, theater creators, and film students, etc., in Australia, to encourage them to try Backstage’s casting services.
- Help promote AU projects’ casting calls to attract more AU-based submissions; curate the casting calls to ensure a professional presentation of the materials; and curate talent lists from Backstage’s database to make suggestions to the clients regarding actors that will be a good fit for their roles.
- Follow up with AU clients to see if they have any feedback or additional casting needs. (Encourage repeat business.)
- Teach indie producers, directors, film students, and casting directors how to use Backstage’s online casting tools effectively. Account support via phone, email, chat, webinars, and in-person meetings focused on the AU area.
- Demo Backstage’s online tools to filmmakers and actors at production companies, film schools, theater schools, festivals, and events in Australia.
- Increase the overall number of projects (especially indie films and webseries) casting with Backstage in AU.
- Must be an effective communicator with strong interpersonal skills.
- Must be a self-starter with good time-management skills
- Must have strong promotional skills and be adept at building new client relationships.
- Should have an understanding of the needs of indie filmmakers/video-makers.
- Existing relationships within the indie film and web-series communities preferred.
- Previous film/video casting experience a plus.
- A strong understanding the of the AU market.
Backstage, LLC, is the leading platform in creative talent placement. We are currently composed of two brands: Backstage.com, for actors; and Sonicbids.com, for musicians -- with plans to launch a third vertical by the end of 2016. Nowhere else will you find the same combination of startup energy and entertainment industry creativity atop the solid foundation of an established but small and fast-growing business with decades of success in our industry.
We are a close knit, agile team that is disrupting the creative talent placement industry through technical innovation, product design and a solid business model. At the heart of our success and growth resides a group of hardcore technologists and product designers who share a tight bond and believe that collaboration creates a better experience for our users.
Note: Currently seeking AU applicants. Sydney/Melbourne-based candidates are encouraged to apply. Part-time contractor position available, with potential for ongoing work depending on the success of the candidate.