Growth Marketing Associate + Manager - Backstage (2 positions open)
At Backstage, we're focused on providing the best career platform and marketplace to match performing artists (actors, models, dancers and musicians) with talent seekers.
The marketing team at Backstage is responsible for building brand awareness, focusing on growth, and retaining our user base of performers. We are looking for 2x creative, technical, strategic and analytical marketing professionals to join the team as a Growth Marketing Associate and Growth Manager. The roles will report to the CMO of Backstage and will work closely with product, marketing, engineering, and content teams across the business.
You will be tasked with demand generation, traffic growth, strategic partnerships and conversion optimization using inbound and outbound marketing tactics. You will set up and use comprehensive analytics to support your strategy and execution of user growth. As a company we really value problem solvers and being able to learn a new technical skill (in a day).
- Grow qualified organic and paid "top of the funnel" traffic to Backstage.com.
- Drive users through the funnel with lead nurturing, content marketing, and external remarketing campaigns.
- Daily execution of customer acquisition campaigns with a seven figure marketing budget across social media, paid search, email, and app install campaigns, making sure customer acquisition goals are met on a daily basis.
- Optimize campaigns and test new tactics, messaging, and audiences to increase efficiency and decrease CPA.
- Implement and maintain analytics dashboards across a range of products.
- Leverage behavioral cohorting, event and lifecycle marketing, on-site and in-app notifications, and off-site retargeting to create effective subscription, activation and engagement campaigns.
- Create and operationalize process for A/B testing campaigns, audiences, landing pages, product marketing.
- Position design team to develop new creatives, landing pages, and product designs, based on sound insight from prior performance and testing.
- Identify and track key performance metrics necessary to optimize the business for growth.
- Leverage data to understand how users are using Backstage, identify areas of opportunity, and execute projects to drive growth and engagement.
- Manage product marketing and custom content creation. Work closely with editorial team to ensure content is optimized for reach across social media and organic search.
- You read blogs about acquisition marketing for fun (including keeping up on the latest details of SEO and inbound marketing best practices).
- You are analytical - passionate about testing, data, and metrics.
- You are great at solving unstructured problems.
- You have demonstrated the ability to innovate, adapt, and learn in previous positions.
- You are outgoing, enthusiastic, and have strong presentation skills.
- Must have 1+ year(s) of paid acquisition experience executing Facebook, AdWords and other types of customer acquisition advertising campaigns.
- Experience email marketing and creating automated workflows (drip marketing) based on event triggers and behavioral cohorts.
- Strong data analytics capabilities (prefer Excel and/or Google Sheets expertise).
- Exceptional project management capabilities (e.g.; organizing next steps with Trello, JIRA or just a text based notepad comes naturally to you).
- Ability to present clearly and nurture relationships with partners.
- Strong marketing copywriting skills, presentation skills, and an eye for good, actionable design.
- Highly organized, thinks and works fast, can execute complex tasks with minimal oversight.
- Demonstrated history as a proactive problem solver.
- Expertise in Google Analytics, Amplitude, Looker, or analogous platforms.
- Experience with Google Tag Manager.
- Experience with SQL (we use Looker).
- Experience writing Regular Expressions (RegEx).
- Experience executing app install campaigns.
- Casual office space in Dumbo Brooklyn.
- Collaborative work environment where you’ll learn about and influence every aspect of the business.
- Summer Fridays, happy hours, office gigs, and access to other local music events.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- The opportunity to work with some of the most talented leaders in their disciplines.
- A company that works with you to learn, grow, and excel in your career.
Backstage, LLC, is the leading platform in creative talent placement. We are currently composed of two brands: Backstage.com, for actors; and Sonicbids.com, for musicians -- with plans to launch additional verticals organically and through acquisition. Nowhere else will you find the same combination of startup energy and entertainment industry creativity atop the solid foundation of an established but small and fast-growing business with decades of success in our industry.
We are a close knit, agile team that is disrupting the creative talent placement industry through technical innovation, product design and a solid business model. At the heart of our success and growth resides a group of hardcore technologists, writers, marketers, and product designers who share a tight bond and believe that collaboration creates a better experience for our users.
We offer benefits including health insurance (vision and dental available), commuter benefits, 401K, unlimited vacation, and tickets/tuition for select conferences/courses. Our DUMBO office is spacious and convenient to 3 subway lines.