Product Manager (remote)
At Backstage (www.backstage.com), we’re focused on providing the best career platform to match performing artists and crew with talent seekers in film, television, commercials, branded content, theater, and more worldwide.
Backstage.com seeks a product manager with a background in product research to join our team. You will be working with members of our engineering, design, data, marketing and operating teams to help drive the completion of our product roadmap. You will be essential in establishing priorities, project managing and communicating across teams, updating the company on our product development and overall keeping our product + engineering vertical running as efficiently as possible.
We are considering remote candidates in North America, South America, and the Western European time zone.
If working together to take a product successfully through its development life-cycle and into the customer's hands excites you, keep reading!
- Guide the Engineering, Data and DevOps engineering teams through the full software development lifecycle from concept to launch, including estimation, dependency management, timeline creation, documentation, and blocker removal
- Perform methodical research as it pertains to product, utilizing surveys and other tools to direct strategy
- Work closely with senior management to strategize and plan roadmap, including resource allocation, budget, and timeline
- Execute and shepherd projects to completion while maintaining accountability and quality
- Measure and report upon product and projects success using our existing tooling, such as Amplitude, Looker, Google Analytics and others
- Run team and project meetings, including setting agendas, tracking action items, and documenting key decisions
- Serve as the point person for all communication related to your teams and projects, both within the technology team and to the rest of the business
- Mentor cross-functional teammates to level up those around you
- Partner with engineers, business analysts, designers, operational teams and management to research, ideate, and prioritize projects
- Actively work to make your teams more productive and effective by implementing and iterating on processes
- Build relationships with teams and individuals of varying levels across the company and potentially externally
- Be in the weeds on a project while also maintaining a high-level view of all projects impacting your teams
- 4+ years in a Product Management role, with strong technical acumen (engineering, design, or business intelligence background a plus!)
- Proven experience with qualitative and quantitative research methods and methodologies
- Experience with market landscaping and competitor analysis
- Intermediary or better proficiency with SQL
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills that can be tailored to suit a variety of individual personalities and levels of seniority
- Excellent stakeholder management skills, including driving consensus and alignment
- Familiarity with multiple software development methodologies, such as Scrum and Kanban, and the ability to find the right process and tools for the situation on a case-by-case basis
- Experience with web products and web technologies; SAAS experience a bonus!
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, related field, or equivalent industry experience
- Experience with project and task management software (bonus points for Jira)
- Collaborative work environment where you’ll learn about and influence every aspect of the business
- Summer Fridays, happy hours, and access to other local music events
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- The opportunity to work with talented leaders in their disciplines
- A company that works with you to learn, grow, and excel in your career
Backstage is the leading platform in creative talent placement in the United States, United Kingdom, Australia, Canada, New Zealand and Continental Europe. Backstage properties include Backstage, Mandy, and StarNow for hiring actors, models, voiceover artists, and crew; and Sonicbids, for booking musicians -- with plans to launch additional verticals organically, through acquisition, and by expanding to new markets across the globe. Nowhere else will you find the same combination of startup energy, trailblazing innovation, and entertainment industry creativity built upon the solid foundation of one of the industry’s most beloved and recognized names.
We are a passionate, agile team who are disrupting the creative talent placement marketplace through product-first design, leading technology, and a proven business model. At the heart of our success and growth are a tight-knit group of hardcore technologists, writers, marketers, and product designers who believe that collaboration creates a better experience for our users. Our team reflects and upholds our mission to level the playing field by presenting opportunities for careers in the arts to creatives from diverse backgrounds in all corners of the world.
We offer benefits including health insurance (vision and dental available), 401K, and tickets/tuition for select conferences/courses.