Backstage Internship Program: Social Media - Spring 2018
At Backstage and Sonicbids, we're focused on providing the best career management platform that matches creative professionals with career-building opportunities.
Our dual-brand social media team stands at the forefront of Backstage and Sonicbids’ digital communities. They are not only responsible for managing our content and campaigns, but also keeping tabs on the conversations around our brands and leveraging social data to help inform strategic decisions.
We are looking for an organized, detail-oriented, and social-savvy intern to join our lean and scrappy team. The ideal candidate will be a creative self-starter with great communication skills and a hunger for knowledge. This role will be instrumental in helping to manage our active, online creative community centered around trust, professional development and relationship-building. As our Social Media Intern, you will report to our Social Media Manager.
* This position complies with DOL guidelines for internships. The internship is for academic credit/unpaid and will require approximately 10-15 hours per week
* Submissions only reviewed that include a Linkedin and other social profile
The Gig / Responsibilities
- Content Management: Assist the social media team with managing our content calendar, writing copy, and scheduling posts for our brands on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Campaign & Social Event Development: Work hand-in-hand with the social team in brainstorming, building, and executing social-focused campaigns, as well as managing social events such as Instagram Takeovers, Facebook Lives, and more.
- Community Management: Monitor Backstage and Sonicbids’ social channels for comments, discussions, and inquiries that our team should be aware of and/or replying to.
- Analytics: Analyze data and discover insights that can help improve content performance.
- Obtaining a degree in communications, journalism, or marketing
- Proven communication skills, both written and verbal
- Regular user of Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Have an understanding of the various social platforms and what types of content perform well there
- Experience with a social tool like Hootsuite
- Comprehensive internship program for credit
- Casual (and dog friendly) office environment in Dumbo Brooklyn
- Summer Fridays, happy hours, and office gigs
- Access to after hours film screenings
- The opportunity to work with some of the most talented leaders in their disciplines.
- A company that works with you to learn, grow, and excel in your career.
Backstage, LLC, is the leading career platform for performing arts industries. We are currently composed of two brands: Backstage.com, for acting; and Sonicbids.com, for music -- with plans to launch additional verticals organically and through acquisition. Nowhere else will you find the same combination of startup energy and entertainment industry creativity atop the solid foundation of an established, profitable and fast-growing business.
We are a close knit, agile team of 60 that is supporting the performing arts industry through comprehensive research, technical innovation, and product development. At the heart of our success and growth resides a group of performing arts lovers, hardcore technologists, writers, marketers, and product designers who share a tight bond and believe that collaboration creates a better experience for our users (and team).