Marketing Manager - Sonicbids
What would happen if you never discovered your favorite musician?
At Sonicbids, we're focused on providing the best career platform and marketplace to match musicians with playing opportunities. We’ve helped thousands of musicians grow their careers and bring their music to bigger stages like SXSW, Bonnaroo, TV and movies. In short, we are in the business of bringing bands to future fans.
The marketing team at Sonicbids is responsible for building brand awareness, focusing on growth and retaining our user base of musicians and music opportunity owners. We are looking for a creative, technical, strategic and analytical inbound marketing professional to join the team as our User Acquisition and Conversion Manager (Marketing Manager). The role will report to the Director of Marketing (whom we think is stellar) and partner with our heads of content, outbound marketing, account management and key accounts to achieve our marketing and growth ambitions.
You will be tasked with demand generation, traffic growth, and conversion optimization using inbound marketing tactics such as SEO, SEM, retargeting, email and messaging workflows. You will setup and use comprehensive analytics to support your strategy and execution of user growth. As a company we really value problem solvers and being able to learn a new technical skill (in a day).
- Aggressively grow the number of musicians and opportunity owners that use Sonicbids as their solution to landing and booking live gigs, with a focus on CPA / LTV across all channels
- Manage campaigns in multiple channels (incl. Search, Social, Retargeting, Affiliate, Partnerships) optimizing spend, targeting, creative and the onsite funnel to maximize ROMI
- Increase platform utilization by members, as we launch a slew of new features to make the process easier and more productive than ever before
- Help build a uniquely complete view of our customers and users by identify tagging and analytics gaps and working with the Product/Dev teams to fill them
- Build a world-class user acquisition dashboard that would make IAC jealous
- You have a strong natural curiosity, and want an environment that allows you to test, fail and innovate. You’ve demonstrated this ability in prior roles and you are ready to kick it into high-gear
- You can identify valuable audience, understand how they think and create programs that capitalize on those insights
- You understand how people interact with technologies and platforms, and the relative strengths/weaknesses of acquisition channels
- You read blogs about acquisition marketing for fun (including keeping up on the latest details of SEO and inbound marketing best practices)
- You are analytical - passionate about testing, data and metrics. You know how to translate numbers into insights about users, their behaviors and other trends
- You are great at solving unstructured problems
- 3+ years of online user acquisition experience (startup and agency experience is a plus)
- 1+ year(s) of experience with Hubspot, Marketo or similar marketing product
- 1+ year(s) of experience with Facebook ads, Adsense and other types of online advertising (Twitter, re-targeting etc)
- Strong data analytics capabilities (prefer Excel and/or Google Sheets expertise)
- Exceptional project management capabilities (e.g.; Evernote and Asana comes naturally to you)
- Working with content, product and engineers teams will be key to your success
- Demonstrated history as a pro-active problem solver
- Google Analytics expert
- Experience with Google Tag Manager
- Experience with Looker (SQL), Kissmetrics and/or Segment
- Experience managing team members
- Casual office space in Dumbo Brooklyn or South End Boston
- Collaborative work environment where you’ll learn about and influence every aspect of the business
- Summer Friday’s, happy hours, office gigs and access to other local music events
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- The opportunity to work with some of the most talented leaders in their disciplines
- A company that works with you to learn, grow and excel in your career