Business Development and Sales
Backstage.com, the leading professional platform for the entertainment industry for over 50 years, is looking for a Business Development Manager. The mission of the BD lead is to accelerate Backstage's strategic growth initiatives through partnerships. The ideal candidate is a strategic thinker and doer who is analytical, creative, technical, high-energy, and collaborative.
The role will be responsible for the strategic planning, lead generation, "Sale" and follow-up execution of all partnerships. The goal of partnerships at backstage.com is driving more user signups and engagement on the platform at scale; users include both sides of our marketplace - actors and buyers of talent (Filmmakers, casting directors). Outreach will focus on potential partners who aggregate large numbers of users – I.E. other platforms that support actors, or Filmmakers, Film Festivals, Educational programs etc.
This position is for our office in DUMBO, Brooklyn.
- Own ultimate responsibility for development of partnership program
- Coordinate with internal teams leads including marketing, product and the management team to align on outreach goals
- Conduct industry research to create industry landscape and lead lists
- Leverage technical skill-set and ability to work product team to scale and automate lead capture and outreach
- Create standard “Productized” offerings for each type of partner (School, Film Festival, actor platform etc)
- Drive development of crisp outreach materials
- Manage execution of deals including the sale, negotiation, legal and operational follow-up
- Create plan to track and report-on “Success Metrics” of each partnership
- Methodically analyze partnership ROIs and optimize process and products for future outreach
- Function as primary account manager for active partnerships
Skills and Experience
- 3+ years experience in Marketing, Sales, Business Development, or Consulting
- Experience managing projects across many internal and external people and teams, with strong organization and project management expertise
- Ability to bridge the gap between business and technical components of a partnership, which involves being comfortable understanding platform technical capabilities/limitations
- Comfort working with legal terms and agreements
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- You get the internet
- You equally enjoy strategic planning, methodical lead generation, sales and execution followup
- You could sell your friends on the Idea that Starter jackets are making a comeback