Backstage Internship Program: Advertising Sales - Spring 2018
At Backstage.com we are focused on creating the best casting tools, synthesizing academic level career advice and covering industry news for actors and talent seekers.
We are a small Advertising Sales team that runs digital and print year around with a very successful Awards Season business. Our team runs lean and with that we take on a dual role of business development and account management. Our clients for the Award Season business include the world’s most prolific content creators such as Netflix, Fox, NBC, Paramount, Warner Bros and Amazon, among others.
We are in search of an intern to support the team in the in the full sales lifecycle. This position will be tasked with contributing to the research of leads, sales projects, client presentations, trafficking digital and print ads, and troubleshooting client issues. You will walk away with a greater understanding of current advertising concepts, research and develop of key analytical insights, and gain a deeper knowledge of the direct sales process.
* This position complies with DOL guidelines for internships. The internship is for academic credit/unpaid and will require approximately 10-15 hours per week
* Submissions only reviewed that include a LinkedIn profile
- Help support the sales team with customer support inquiries
- Schedule and assist with sales meetings
- Create demos and mock ups for proposals
- Assist with proactive lead generation
- Research clients and brand or film initiatives
- Obtaining a degree Film Studies, Drama, or Theater
- Working knowledge of PowerPoint and Excel programs
- Knowledge of using Salesforce
- Knowledge of digital and print media terms and ad units
- Knowledge of Slack and Trello communication tools
- Comprehensive internship program for credit
- Casual (and dog friendly) office environment in Dumbo Brooklyn
- Summer Fridays, happy hours, and office gigs
- Access to after hours film screenings
- The opportunity to work with some of the most talented leaders in their disciplines.
- A company that works with you to learn, grow, and excel in your career.
Backstage, LLC, is the leading career platform for performing arts industries. We are currently composed of two brands: Backstage.com, for acting; and Sonicbids.com, for music -- with plans to launch additional verticals organically and through acquisition. Nowhere else will you find the same combination of startup energy and entertainment industry creativity atop the solid foundation of an established, profitable and fast-growing business.
We are a close knit, agile team of 60 that is supporting the performing arts industry through comprehensive research, technical innovation, and product development. At the heart of our success and growth resides a group of performing arts lovers, hardcore technologists, writers, marketers, and product designers who share a tight bond and believe that collaboration creates a better experience for our users (and team).