Sonicbids Internship Program: Spring 2018
Established in 2001 Sonicbids became a pioneer in music representation on the internet. Sonicbids provides a suite of tools and resources that connect musicians with promoters, venue owners, and great music opportunities all over the world. With over 500,000 bands on our platform we are the #1 spot for artists and talent seekers.
The development team at Sonicbids is tasked with advancing our platform through partnerships, events and development of the product itself. We brainstorm ways that we can help our bands and promoters better execute live music events. We also continually foster outreach to music venues and other performance spaces to adopt our platform as their go-to source for booking talent.
Our interns will gain valuable knowledge of how a music technology platform runs while gaining exposure to the following areas marketing, data analytics, sponsorship, festival organization, and social media. You can expect daily research into venues, brands, bands, auxiliary gig opportunities and more. Planning and execution of monthly/quarterly projects is a key component to the success of our team. You will work on a variety of projects from event production, sponsorships research and obtaining opportunities and gigs for our clients, the bands.
* This position complies with DOL guidelines for internships. The internship is for academic credit/unpaid and will require approximately 10-15 hours per week
* Submissions only reviewed that include a LinkedIn profile
- Support the team in various administrative duties
- Schedule meetings and outreach campaigns to music festivals, promoters, venues and more.
- Gather leads and create Excel/Google spreadsheets for outreach
- Obtaining an undergraduate or graduate degree in communications, marketing, business
- Knowledge of Google Sheets and Excel
- Interest in music/live events
- Knowledge of Hubspot
Backstage, LLC, is the leading career platform for performing arts industries. We are currently composed of two brands: Backstage.com, for acting; and Sonicbids.com, for music -- with plans to launch additional verticals organically and through acquisition. Nowhere else will you find the same combination of startup energy and entertainment industry creativity atop the solid foundation of an established, profitable and fast-growing business.
We are a close knit, agile team of 60 that is supporting the performing arts industry through comprehensive research, technical innovation, and product development. At the heart of our success and growth resides a group of performing arts lovers, hardcore technologists, writers, marketers, and product designers who share a tight bond and believe that collaboration creates a better experience for our users (and team).