Philadelphia, PA /
Full Time (Remote)
Bainbridge Health unlocks the full value of hospital pharmacy data to prevent harm and waste from medications. Medication is the most complex, costly and dangerous thing in the hospital, and our goal is to close the gap between decisions being made “upstream”—in the supply chain or at clinical decision support—with real world clinical practice. A spin-out of the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, we work with premier hospitals across the United States, innovative device manufacturers, and other leading industry participants.
About the Role
As a Front-end Engineer, you will play an integral role in the planning, development, and operations of Bainbridge Health’s product services, with a focus on our Med O.S.® platform portal and user experience. You will report to our Chief Technology Officer as part of our Product Engineering team. You will collaborate closely with our Customer Success team and take a proactive role in technical development decisions and execution. We are looking for a motivated engineer who is eager to roll up their sleeves and contribute to our mission.
Who You Are
This is an ideal role for someone who combines excellent communication skills and conscientiousness with technical expertise. Learning on the job, being a part of a team, and healthcare technology are things that motivate and interest you.
• You want a career that produces meaningful value in society, not just clicks and carts.
• You believe strongly in teamwork and collaboration.
• You can communicate complex ideas in an approachable and accessible manner.
• You have a passion for data, analysis, and visualization.
• Want to go beyond just installing and configuring open source tools.
• You value simplicity and stability over complexity and fads.
• You enjoy reading other people’s code and learning from it.
• You are capable of giving and receiving constructive feedback.
• You are excited to build tools that enable others.
What You'll Do
• You’ll help design, implement, test, and monitor innovative data visualization tooling that empowers hospital pharmacies across the country to improve medication administration and stewardship.
• You’ll assess technical issues, and develop and implement remediation plans.
• You’ll participate in the code and design reviews that are central to our shared ownership values.
• You’ll be a part of setting goals and priorities for the product engineering team.
• You’ll support ongoing site operations activities such as metrics gathering, performance optimization, log review, access audits, simulated penetration tests, and security scans.
• You’ll help establish, track, and optimize our service level indicators, objectives, and agreements.
• You’ll be a part of our 24×7 on-call rotation, a shared responsibility across the team, with an incredibly low alert rate (99.98% uptime in 2020; we go weeks without a page outside of business hours).
• 2+ years of experience as a software engineer
• Experience with REST APIs
• Experience with data visualization in web-based applications
• Experience with shell scripts (bash) and command-line tools.
• Experience with public cloud infrastructure (we primarily use Google Cloud Platform, GCP)
• Experience working in a professional software environment using source control (git), an issue tracker (JIRA, GitHub, GitLab, etc.), continuous integration, code reviews, and some kind of agile development process (we follow a Lean Software Development model, not Scrum)
• BS in Computer Science or similar
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Must be able to pass pre-employment and occasional background and substance use screening, and other requirements necessary for compliance reasons.
Any of the following would be considered preferential for any potential candidate, but not required for consideration.
• Experience in healthcare or other highly-regulated industry
• Experience with VueJS, Yarn, Jest, Firebase Auth (GCP Identity Platform)
• Experience automating testing across multiple browsers and platforms
• Experience with security and privacy audits in web-based applications
• Experience with continuous delivery pipelines
• Experience working in the healthcare industry, especially hospital environments
Location and Travel
This is a U.S.-based, remote position. Our corporate headquarters is located in Philadelphia, PA. This position will require occasional travel to industry events and semi-annual company gatherings, so proximity to a major airport is strongly encouraged.
Medication administration is the most complex, costly and dangerous activity in the hospital. Complicated supply chains and antiquated technology make it extremely difficult for clinicians to manage medication use. In practice, the majority of clinicians are left to make critical decisions in a vacuum with very little actionable data. Our mission is to help healthcare organizations unlock the value of their medication data to prevent errors, reduce cost, and maintain regulatory compliance. Bainbridge Health’s Med O.S.® technology platform and clinical services automates time-intensive data analysis processes and provides clinicians with actionable information to improve patient care. We are currently serving 100 hospitals across the United States and working with leading medical device manufacturers and industry trade organizations. Learn more about us at www.bainbridgehealth.com.
Compensation & Other Benefits
• Competitive compensation including our stock option plan which enables everyone on the team to share in the growth we create together
• Comprehensive health plan where we offer top-tier medical, dental and vision for employees and their families
• Flexible vacation including 20 vacation days and 9 company holidays
• Perpetual "Summer" Fridays where every week, all year we have half day Fridays
• Top tier 401(K) plan administered through Guideline including leading index funds from Vanguard and the lowest expense rations in the industry
• A remote-first working environment, with access to our co-working offices in Philadelphia