Desktop Support Analyst
Alpharetta, GA /
Who We Are
Bakkt unlocks the $1.2+ trillion of digital assets that is currently held in cryptocurrencies, rewards and loyalty points, gaming assets and merchant stored value. We began in 2018 with the vision to bring trust and transparency to digital assets. Through the Bakkt Warehouse and Bakkt Bitcoin Futures and Options contracts, we serve institutional clients in an end-to-end regulated market with true price transparency. For consumers, Bakkt aggregates digital assets to enable instant liquidity and to empower users to trade, transfer and pay however they want. Merchants within the Bakkt ecosystem see a lower cost of payment acceptance, enhanced customer engagement, and decreased loyalty through a variety of redemption options.
The Desktop Support Analyst will be responsible for resolving incident requests, problems, and change requests for all Windows and Mac related issues. The Desktop Support Analyst will also be responsible for administering all laptops and desktops and will serve as the first line for internal customer support. Must have the ability to work well under pressure, exercise patience, and provide great customer service. The Desktop Support Analyst will report directly to Marty Turner, VP of Infrastructure.
- Experience with Windows and Mac OS deployment methods, database administration, and Disco network experience or training
- Experience creating golden desktop and laptop images; ability to quickly provision needed equipment
- Experience working with Cisco Meraki devices
- Some experience with VMware VSphere
- Experience with security levels; server and laptop security along with experience with anti-virus software and 3rd party security monitoring tools
- Experience with production application and back office application deployments
- Ability to work a flexible or alternative schedule.
- Experience using JAMF is preferred
- Experience administering Office365; knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, Adobe Acrobat, Anti-Virus Software
- Prior experience with auditing and managing Microsoft Licensing compliance
- Ability to design, implement, and manage a fault tolerant and highly available Windows infrastructure
- Ability to automate routine tasks via PowerShell 3.0-4.0
- Expert level knowledge of Microsoft tools and technologies such as BitLocker, SysInternals, Microsoft Deployment Toolkit and Application Compatibility Toolkit
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to work effectively within a fast-growing company
- Ability and desire to learn new IT technologies and disciplines
- Experience with contact center support – understanding of call routing, call queueing, and VOIP
- Understanding of network cabling, switches, firewalls, and patch panels
- Excellent organization and documentation skills
Bakkt is devoted to having diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Bakkt does not make any employment decisions based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity of any other characteristic protected by law