Alpharetta, GA /
Finance and Accounting /
Who We Are
Bakkt unlocks the $1.2+ trillion of digital assets that is currently held in cryptocurrencies, rewards and loyalty points, gaming assets and merchant stored value. We began in 2018 with the vision to bring trust and transparency to digital assets. Through the Bakkt Warehouse and Bakkt Bitcoin Futures and Options contracts, we serve institutional clients in an end-to-end regulated market with true price transparency. For consumers, Bakkt aggregates digital assets to enable instant liquidity and to empower users to trade, transfer and pay however they want. Merchants within the Bakkt ecosystem see a lower cost of payment acceptance, enhanced customer engagement, and decreased loyalty through a variety of redemption options.
We are seeking an accountant who works well independently and as part of a team and can work under multiple deadlines while ensuring that work is completed on time and with a high level of accuracy. To be successful in this role, you must have the ability to identify problems as they occur and take appropropriate steps to solve the problem or be comfortable seeking advice and guidance on non-routine or problem areas from others.
- Primary job functions will be routine accounting activities including the preparation of journal entries, posting of cash against outstanding receivables, inputting account payables, research and posting of inter-company transactions.
- Review A/R aging reports weekly and follow up with customers as necessary; prepare for and participate in the weekly A/R meeting with the CFO and follow-up with the CRM team.
- Prepare and maintain ledger accounts and related activities for the production of financial statements and fiscal reports.
- Perform account analysis and/or account reconciliations to ensure accurate reporting and timely identification of action items.
- Prepare information in support of annual external audit, quarterly reviews and month end close, including preparation of schedules.
- Special projects as needed.
- BS/BA in Accounting or advanced degree
- 1 year of successful experience in related field and successful demonstration of Responsibilities as presented above
- Solid interpersonal skills in an environment whose emphasis is on teamwork, collaboration and process innovation
- Ability to work under multiple deadlines, independently and in a team environment and accept responsibility for assigned duties
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of key accounting principles and possess the ability to effectively apply fundamental accounting concepts to familiar and unfamiliar situations
- Intermediate Excel skills required
- NetSuite or another ERP experience is helpful
Bakkt is devoted to having diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Bakkt does not make any employment decisions based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity of any other characteristic protected by law