Software Engineer, Data Connector
Engineering – Engineering /
ABOUT THIS ROLE
Balbix is looking for an Software Engineer in New Delhi India for its connector platform development. You will play a key role in choosing the technology stack, architecture, feature set of Balbix’s connector initiative. Balbix consumes information from many different sources with the enterprise, such as Active Directory servers, switches and routers. Balbix is looking to create a catalog of connectors, including to cloud environments such as Azure, GCP and AWS.
As the initial member of the connector team you will collaborate with Balbix’s product management, and technical leads to ensure scalable, rapid, high quality connectors. You will also have the chance to build a team around you to deliver the connector catalog to solve real-world problems plaguing cybersecurity.
- Architect, design and contribute to building generic APIs for associated infrastructure to allow the rapid development of connectors to a wide range of systems and components
- Collaborate with solutions architecture team, sensors, data engineering, AI and product management team to understand customer and translate them into scalable product features
- Able to take on very complex problems, learn quickly, iterate, and persevere towards a robust solution
- Product-focused and passionate about building truly usable systems
- Collaborative and comfortable working across teams including sensors, data engineering, AI, front end, product management, and DevOps
- Responsible and like to take ownership of challenging problems
- A good communicator, and facilitate teamwork via good documentation practices
- Comfortable with ambiguity and thrive in designing algorithms for evolving needs
- Intuitive in using the right type of models to address different product needs
- Curious about the world and your profession, constant learner
- BS/MS degree in CS or related discipline
- 4+ years of experience working in cross platform development using a variety of programming languages such as Python, C++ and Java
- Expertise in core platform services, such as authentication, messaging (Kafka or RabbitMQ), microservices, data streaming and ETL that power complex, large scale distributed applications
- Experience in building APIs and consuming data from external APIs in an efficient, and scalable manner to ensure timeliness and accuracy
- Working knowledge with syslog, 3rd party SaaS APIs, end point and network security tools, CMDB, GRC tools, etc.
- Extensive experience with software architecture and API design
- Excellent communications skills
- Motivation and passion for building world class enterprise products
- Experience with working in Scrum workflow