Engineering Lead, Full Stack
San Jose, CA /
Engineering – Eng (Fullstack) /
Full Time - Remote
WHO WE ARE
Balbix is the world’s first platform to leverage specialized AI and gamification techniques to help organizations understand their exploding attack surface and manage their cybersecurity posture. Balbix predicts where and how breaches are likely to happen, prescribes prioritized mitigating actions, and enables workflows to address the underlying security issues. We enable CISOs and CIOs to reduce enterprise cyber risk by 95% or more, while making security teams 10 times more efficient.
Our rapidly growing customer base includes some of the world's largest organizations. We are backed by John Chambers (the former CEO and Chairman of Cisco), top Silicon Valley VCs and global investors. We have been called magical, and have received raving reviews as well as customer testimonials, numerous industry awards, and recognition by Gartner as a Cool Vendor, and by Frost & Sullivan.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
As the Engineering Lead, Full Stack at Balbix you will lead the team that builds Balbix’s UI and application components, all the astounding screenshots that you have seen elsewhere on our website. We are looking for someone who loves tackling important user experience challenges and comes up with clean, stable solutions that scale. The ideal candidate is an experienced hands-on leader who can serve both as a technical architect as well as scrum team leader.
They would also be intimately familiar (and up to date) with their development ecosystem for making sound decisions when it comes to architecting solutions correctly and choosing the right tool or library for the job. We expect our engineering leaders to be able to contribute across the entire product stack, as well as collectively oversee the architectural integrity of the codebase.
- Work with our designers and product managers, our CTO and our Founder to realize Balbix’s vision of a powerful AI-powered system-of-experience for cybersecurity professionals
- Architect and lead the implementation of data-driven widgets, dashboards, workflows, and other features as web-based user interfaces.
- Design and implement high performance APIs between our frontend and backend components.
- Build production quality solutions that balance complexity and performance
- Participate in the engineering life-cycle at Balbix, including designing high quality UI components, writing production code, conducting code reviews and working alongside our backend infrastructure and reliability teams
- Stay current on the ever-evolving technology landscape of web based UIs and recommend new systems for incorporation in our technology stack.
- Able to take on very complex problems, learn quickly, iterate, and persevere towards a robust solution
- Product-focused and passionate about building truly usable systems
- Collaborative and comfortable working across teams including engineering, design/UX, product management, and DevOps
- Responsible and like to take ownership of challenging problems
- A good communicator, and facilitate teamwork via good documentation practices
- Comfortable with ambiguity and thrive in designing algorithms for evolving needs
- Curious about the world and your profession, constant learner
- MS or BS in Computer Science or related field
- Intimately familiar with backend technologies like Node.js, MongoDB, Java, Python, Docker, Kubernetes and have expertise with both SQL and no-SQL paradigms
- Experience using and building APIs (GraphQL is highly preferred)
- Familiarity with issues of web performance, availability, scalability, reliability, and maintainability
Life @ Balbix
At Balbix, we have built a culture that aligns to our values of ownership, customer focus, curiosity, tenacity, innovation, judgement, teamwork, communication, honesty and impact. In joining our team you’ll work with very motivated and knowledgeable people, build pioneering products and utilize cutting-edge technology. Our Balbix team members see rapid career growth opportunities stemming from our culture of alignment, bottom up innovation, our clarity of goals and unrelenting mission. Last but not least, developing the world's most advanced platform to address what the most important (and hardest) technology problem facing mankind today is exceptionally rewarding!
Benefits & Perks
Balbix offers comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life insurance and long-term disability coverage for you and your family. Our Flex Time Off policy encourages you to take time off when you need it because we know and value how hard you work. When it comes to our offices it’s location, location, location we’re right next door to Santana Row so you can enjoy your time in (and out) of the office!
More information at https://www.balbix.com/company/careers/
Please reach out if you want a seat on our rocket-ship and are passionate about changing the cybersecurity equation.
At Balbix we’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to equality, fairness and human kindness.