Director of Solution Architecture
San Jose, CA /
502 - Sales – Systems Engineering /
Full Time - Remote
WHO WE ARE
Balbix is the world’s first platform to leverage AI and gamification to help organizations understand and manage their exploding attack surface. Balbix predicts where and how breaches are likely to happen, prioritizes the necessary mitigating actions, and enables workflows to address the underlying security issues. Our customers love us because we help them reduce their cyber risk by 95% or more, while making their security operations 10 times more efficient.
Our rapidly growing customer base includes some of the world's largest organizations. We are backed by John Chambers (the former CEO and Chairman of Cisco), top Silicon Valley VCs and global investors. We have been called magical, and have received raving reviews as well as customer testimonials, numerous industry awards, and recognition by Gartner as a Cool Vendor, and by Frost & Sullivan.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
As a Director of Solution Architecture you are the backbone of the Balbix customer-facing team. You are responsible for our high-profile, enterprise customers as well as strategic new opportunities and ensuring their success with the Balbix platform. You strategize, deploy, implement and facilitate Balbix to help customers automate their cybersecurity posture. In addition, you will help the Balbix customer account teams identify, pursue and close strategic opportunities while continually driving add-on business within existing projects. Increased customer satisfaction and expansion opportunities are the key outcomes you will help drive. To succeed in this role, you must be a self-starter who excels in a high-touch, fast-paced, startup environment and thrives on implementing revolutionary technology within customer security organizations. To accomplish this, you must be effective in fostering executive and technical level relationships, think multiple steps ahead in the project, and always be cool under pressure.
- Manage business opportunities - Participate with product and services sales teams to discover, diagnose, and deliver business value to the customer
- Foster executive and technical-level relationships with all key members of customers’ cybersecurity teams
- Identify, pursue and close strategic opportunities
- Driving add-on business within existing projects
- Position Balbix against competitive offerings and respond to customer RFIs
- Train and mentor partner technical staff on correctly implementing and positioning Balbix solutions to prospective customers and on managing Balbix deployments
- Assist Sales and Sales Engineers with proofs of value and pilots as needed
- Design Solutions - Create detailed designs, validate the solution will work and is deployable/maintainable, and ensure the solution maps to customer architecture and solves the business problem
- Take ownership of managing customer transition from proof of value to post-sales deployment
- Coordinate logistics across customers and the internal stakeholders (sales, product management and engineering) Improve or develop technical documentation to enable customers and partners
- Build and operationalize solution roadmaps with milestones to achieve compelling outcomes
- Improve or develop technical documentation to enable customers and partners
- Drive customer strategic planning and provide oversight - Drive end to end solutions for customers and evolve a long-term customer strategy/partnership with Balbix
- Assist customers with configuration, orientation, implementation and optimization
- Proactively provide customers with security insights and including remediations
- Assist key partners within customer organizations with internal communications, positioning, reporting and strategy
- Provide 1st-level technical support throughout proof of value and deployment, and beyond
- Provide field feedback, including customer use cases and asks, to C-SAT, Product Management, Sales, Support, Engineering and Marketing teams
- Track, communicate and prioritize, with internal input, all customer asks and issues from capture to resolution, providing customer updates throughout
- Lead presentations, demonstrations and conversations with senior business & technical audiences within major enterprise accounts, as well as with channel partners
- Proven experience managing projects through the entire project lifecycle. This includes managing multi-phase/multi-dimensional/multi-resource projects to conclusion while maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction.
- You are an individual who is resourceful, confident under pressure, and has demonstrated skill in both crisis management and expectation management.
- BS/BA degree (MS preferred) or equivalent work experience
- Minimum combined 10 years of Solutions Architect or Sales Engineer (SE) experience
- Minimum of 4+ years Security experience
- Working knowledge of notable security solutions and techniques including security trends, standards, best practices and vulnerability remediation, in addition to exploitation tools and methodologies
- Security specific professional certifications, such as CISSP, CISM, CEH and others highly desirable
- Applicable vendor-specific certifications in the security space are also desirable
- Networking knowledge is a must: understanding of network architecture; deployments; core switch and router configuration; appliance configuration and deployment; packet capture; traffic analysis and troubleshooting
- Experience generating executive summaries & business cases and giving presentations to executive audiences
- Ability to lead and motivate technical communities
- Confident under pressure
- Overly communicative
- Extremely adept at crisis & expectation management
- Maniacally driven to achieve results
Life @ Balbix
At Balbix, we have built a culture that aligns to our values of ownership, customer focus, curiosity, tenacity, innovation, judgement, teamwork, communication, honesty and impact. In joining our team you’ll work with very motivated and knowledgeable people, build pioneering products and utilize cutting-edge technology. Our Balbix team members see rapid career growth opportunities stemming from our culture of alignment, bottom up innovation, our clarity of goals and unrelenting mission. Last but not least, developing the world's most advanced platform to address what the most important (and hardest) technology problem facing mankind today is exceptionally rewarding!
Benefits & Perks
Balbix offers comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life insurance and long-term disability coverage for you and your family. Our Flex Time Off policy encourages you to take time off when you need it because we know and value how hard you work. When it comes to our offices it’s location, location, location we’re right next door to Santana Row so you can enjoy your time in (and out) of the office!
More information at https://www.balbix.com/company/careers/
Please reach out if you want a seat on our rocket-ship and are passionate about changing the cybersecurity equation.
At Balbix we’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to equality, fairness and human kindness.