San Jose, CA /
Engineering – Eng (AI) /
Full Time - Remote
WHO WE ARE
Balbix is the world’s first platform to leverage AI and gamification to help organizations understand and manage their exploding attack surface. Balbix predicts where and how breaches are likely to happen, prioritizes the necessary mitigating actions, and enables workflows to address the underlying security issues. Our customers love us because we help them reduce their cyber risk by 95% or more, while making their security operations 10 times more efficient.
Our rapidly growing customer base includes some of the world's largest organizations. We are backed by John Chambers (the former CEO and Chairman of Cisco), top Silicon Valley VCs and global investors. We have been called magical, and have received raving reviews as well as customer testimonials, numerous industry awards, and recognition by Gartner as a Cool Vendor, and by Frost & Sullivan.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
As an AI/ML architect you will get to play with TB-scale data gathered from a multitude of data sources including Balbix proprietary sensors and 3rd party threat feeds. You will leverage a variety of AI techniques including deep learning, probabilistic graphical models, graph learning, recommendation systems, reinforcement learning, NLP, etc. And of course, you will be part of a team building a world-class product addressing one of the grand challenges in the technology industry.
DATA SCIENCE AT BALBIX
At Balbix we believe in using the right algorithms and tools to ensure correctness, performance and deliver an excellent user experience. We draw boldly from the latest in AI/ML research but are unafraid to go beyond bayesian inference and statistical models if the situation demands it. We are generalists, caring as much about storytelling with data, as about bleeding edge techniques, scalable model training and deployment.
We are building a data science culture with equal emphasis on knowing our data, grokking security first principles, caring about customer needs, explaining our model predictions, deploying at scale, communicating our work, and adapting the latest advances.
We look out for each other, enjoy each others’ company, and keep an open channel of communication about all things data and non-data.
- Design and develop an ensemble of classical and deep learning algorithms for modeling complex interactions between people, software, infrastructure and policies in an enterprise environment
- Design and implement algorithms for statistical modeling of enterprise cybersecurity risk
- Apply data-mining, AI and graph analysis techniques to address a variety of problems including modeling, relevance and recommendation
- Build production quality solutions that balance complexity and performance
- Participate in the engineering life-cycle at Balbix, including designing high quality ML infrastructure and data pipelines, writing production code, conducting code reviews and working alongside our infrastructure and reliability teams
- Drive the architecture and the usage of open source software library for numerical computation such as TensorFlow, PyTorch, and ScikitLearn
- Able to take on very complex problems, learn quickly, iterate, and persevere towards a robust solution
- Product-focused and passionate about building truly usable systems
- Collaborative and comfortable working across teams including data engineering, front end, product management, and DevOps
- Responsible and like to take ownership of challenging problems
- A good communicator, and facilitate teamwork via good documentation practices
- Comfortable with ambiguity and thrive in designing algorithms for evolving needs
- Intuitive in using the right type of models to address different product needs
- Curious about the world and your profession, constant learner
- A Ph.D. in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering with hands-on software engineering experience
- 3+ years of experience in the field of Machine Learning and programming in Python.
- Expertise in programming concepts and building large scale systems.
- Knowledge of state-of-the-art algorithms combined with expertise in statistical analysis and modeling.
- Robust understanding of NLP, Probabilistic Graphical Models, Deep Learning with graphs structures, model explainability, etc.
- Foundational knowledge of probability, statistics and linear algebra
Life @ Balbix
At Balbix, we have built a culture that aligns to our values of ownership, customer focus, curiosity, tenacity, innovation, judgement, teamwork, communication, honesty and impact. In joining our team you’ll work with very motivated and knowledgeable people, build pioneering products and utilize cutting-edge technology. Our Balbix team members see rapid career growth opportunities stemming from our culture of alignment, bottom up innovation, our clarity of goals and unrelenting mission. Last but not least, developing the world's most advanced platform to address what the most important (and hardest) technology problem facing mankind today is exceptionally rewarding!
Benefits & Perks
Balbix offers comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life insurance and long-term disability coverage for you and your family. Our Flex Time Off policy encourages you to take time off when you need it because we know and value how hard you work. When it comes to our offices it’s location, location, location we’re right next door to Santana Row so you can enjoy your time in (and out) of the office!
More information at https://www.balbix.com/company/careers/
Please reach out if you want a seat on our rocket-ship and are passionate about changing the cybersecurity equation.
At Balbix we’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to equality, fairness and human kindness.