Senior Software Engineer - QA
San Jose, CA
Engineering – Eng (QE) /
WHO WE ARE
Balbix is the world's leading platform for cybersecurity posture automation company. The Balbix Security Cloud uses AI and automation to reinvent how the World's leading organizations reduce their cyber risk. With Balbix, security teams can accurately inventory their cloud and on-prem assests, conduct vulnerability management and quantify their cyber risk in monetary terms.
Balbix counts many global 1000 companies among its rapidly growing customer base. We are backed by John Chambers (the former CEO and Chairman of Cisco), top Silicon Valley VCs and global investors. We have been called magical, and have received raving reviews as well as customer testimonials, numerous industry awards, and recognition by Gartner as a Cool Vendor, and by Frost & Sullivan.
About this role
At Balbix we believe in using the right algorithms and tools to ensure correctness, performance and deliver an excellent user experience. We draw boldly from the latest in AI/ML research but are unafraid to go beyond Bayesian inference and statistical models if the situation demands it. We are generalists, caring as much about storytelling with data, as about bleeding edge techniques, scalable model training and deployment.
We are building a quality engineering culture with strong emphasis on caring about customer needs and deploying at scale. Towards that end, constructing end to end use case scenarios with large scale data and validation will be crucial. Automation plays a critical role towards achieving that goal.
We look out for each other, enjoy each others’ company, and keep an open channel of communication about all things data and non-data.
- Work closely with cross functional teams to understand customer requirements
- Design and develop use case scenarios to verify Balbix platform features end to end. Feature set involves, an ensemble of classical and deep learning algorithms for modeling complex interactions between people, software, infrastructure and policies in an enterprise environment
- Actively participate in development of RestAPI automation framework for in depth coverageWriting and testing code, debugging programs, and integrating applications with third-party web services
- Develop scalable back-end test components to improve application performance
- Actively participate and provide technical inputs during the product development cycle
- Able to take on very complex problems, learn quickly, iterate, and persevere towards a robust solution
- Product-focused and passionate about building truly usable systems
- Collaborative and comfortable working across teams including data engineering, front end, product management, and DevOps
- Responsible and like to take ownership of challenging problems
- A good communicator, and facilitate teamwork via good documentation practices
- Comfortable with ambiguity and thrive in designing algorithms for evolving needs
- Intuitive in using the right type of models to address different product needs
- Curious about the world and your profession, constant learner
- BS or MS in computer science / engineering
- 5 to 7 years experience in QE / System Test engineering with excellent debugging, troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Experience in network protocol analysis with good understanding of different network protocols
- Experience in installing / configuring linux and windows systems and applications
- Strong working knowledge of Rest API based application
- Working experience in cloud platforms
- Working experience in cyber security platform / application is a added advantage
- Experience in python based automation framework
Life @ Balbix
At Balbix, we have built a culture that aligns to our values of ownership, customer focus, curiosity, tenacity, innovation, judgement, teamwork, communication, honesty and impact. In joining our team you’ll work with very motivated and knowledgeable people, build pioneering products and utilize cutting-edge technology. Our Balbix team members see rapid career growth opportunities stemming from our culture of alignment, bottom up innovation, our clarity of goals and unrelenting mission. Last but not least, developing the world's most advanced platform to address what the most important (and hardest) technology problem facing mankind today is exceptionally rewarding!
Benefits & Perks
Balbix offers comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life insurance and long-term disability coverage for you and your family. Our Flex Time Off policy encourages you to take time off when you need it because we know and value how hard you work. When it comes to our offices it’s location, location, location we’re right next door to Santana Row so you can enjoy your time in (and out) of the office!
More information at https://www.balbix.com/company/careers/
Please reach out if you want a seat on our rocket-ship and are passionate about changing the cybersecurity equation.
At Balbix we’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to equality, fairness and human kindness.