Engineering – Engineering /
WHO WE ARE
Balbix is the world’s first platform to leverage specialized AI and gamification techniques to help organizations understand their exploding attack surface and manage their cybersecurity posture. Balbix predicts where and how breaches are likely to happen, prescribes prioritized mitigating actions, and enables workflows to address the underlying security issues. We enable CISOs and CIOs to reduce enterprise cyber risk by 95% or more, while making security teams 10 times more efficient.
Our rapidly growing customer base includes some of the world's largest organizations. We are backed by John Chambers (the former CEO and Chairman of Cisco), top Silicon Valley VCs and global investors. We have been called magical, and have received raving reviews as well as customer testimonials, numerous industry awards, and recognition by Gartner as a Cool Vendor, and by Frost & Sullivan.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
Balbix is looking for an engineer for its connector platform development. You will play a key role in designing and implementing, feature set of Balbix’s connector initiative. Balbix consumes information from many different sources within the enterprise, such as Active Directory servers, switches and routers. Balbix is looking to create a catalog of connectors, including cloud environments such as Azure, GCP and AWS. Working with the rest of the team you will collaborate to ensure scalable, rapid, high quality connectors.
- Develop integrations for collecting and analyzing inventory data, security audit logs, event/activity logs, application monitoring logs etc. across AWS/Azure cloud services such as cloudtrail, cloudwatch, azure monitor, log analytics etc.
- Develop API infrastructure for enabling Balbix Brain to ingest/analyze collected data in a scalable and efficient manner
- Contribute to architecture and design decisions
- Work shoulder to shoulder with some of the best people in different disciplines
- Able to take on very complex problems, learn quickly, iterate, and persevere towards a robust solution
- Product-focused and passionate about building truly usable systems
- Collaborative and comfortable working across teams including engineering, front end, product management, and DevOps
- Responsible and like to take ownership of challenging problems
- A good communicator, and facilitate teamwork via good documentation practices
- Comfortable with ambiguity and thrive in designing algorithms for evolving needs
- Intuitive in using the right type of models to address different product needs
- Curious about the world and your profession, constant learner
- BS/MS in CS or related discipline
- 4+ years of experience working in cross platform development using a variety of programming languages such as Python, C++ and Java
- Working experience with core platform services, such as authentication, messaging (Kafka or RabbitMQ), microservices, data streaming and ETL that power complex, large scale distributed applications
- Experience working with AWS API Gateway, S3, CloudWatch, AWS Batch, EC2, etc.
- Experience with software architecture and API design
- Excellent communications skills
- Motivation and passion for building world class enterprise products
Life @ Balbix
At Balbix, we have built a culture that aligns to our values of ownership, customer focus, curiosity, tenacity, innovation, judgement, teamwork, communication, honesty and impact. In joining our team you’ll work with very motivated and knowledgeable people, build pioneering products and utilize cutting-edge technology. Our Balbix team members see rapid career growth opportunities stemming from our culture of alignment, bottom up innovation, our clarity of goals and unrelenting mission. Last but not least, developing the world's most advanced platform to address what the most important (and hardest) technology problem facing mankind today is exceptionally rewarding!
More information at https://www.balbix.com/company/careers/
Please reach out if you want a seat on our rocket-ship and are passionate about changing the cybersecurity equation.