Software Engineer, Data Connector
San Jose, CA
Engineering – Engineering /
WHO WE ARE
Balbix is the world's leading platform for cybersecurity posture automation company. The Balbix Security Cloud uses AI and automation to reinvent how the World's leading organizations reduce their cyber risk. With Balbix, security teams can accurately inventory their cloud and on-prem assests, conduct vulnerability management and quantify their cyber risk in monetary terms.
Balbix counts many global 1000 companies among its rapidly growing customer base. We are backed by John Chambers (the former CEO and Chairman of Cisco), top Silicon Valley VCs and global investors. We have been called magical, and have received raving reviews as well as customer testimonials, numerous industry awards, and recognition by Gartner as a Cool Vendor, and by Frost & Sullivan.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
Balbix is looking for an Software Engineer in New Delhi India for its connector platform development. You will play a key role in choosing the technology stack, architecture, feature set of Balbix’s connector initiative. Balbix consumes information from many different sources with the enterprise, such as Active Directory servers, switches and routers. Balbix is looking to create a catalog of connectors, including to cloud environments such as Azure, GCP and AWS.
As the initial member of the connector team you will collaborate with Balbix’s product management, and technical leads to ensure scalable, rapid, high quality connectors. You will also have the chance to build a team around you to deliver the connector catalog to solve real-world problems plaguing cybersecurity.
- Architect, design and contribute to building generic APIs for associated infrastructure to allow the rapid development of connectors to a wide range of systems and components
- Collaborate with solutions architecture team, sensors, data engineering, AI and product management team to understand customer and translate them into scalable product features
- Able to take on very complex problems, learn quickly, iterate, and persevere towards a robust solution
- Product-focused and passionate about building truly usable systems
- Collaborative and comfortable working across teams including sensors, data engineering, AI, front end, product management, and DevOps
- Responsible and like to take ownership of challenging problems
- A good communicator, and facilitate teamwork via good documentation practices
- Comfortable with ambiguity and thrive in designing algorithms for evolving needs
- Intuitive in using the right type of models to address different product needs
- Curious about the world and your profession, constant learner
- BS/MS degree in CS or related discipline
- 4+ years of experience working in cross platform development using a variety of programming languages such as Python, C++ and Java
- Expertise in core platform services, such as authentication, messaging (Kafka or RabbitMQ), microservices, data streaming and ETL that power complex, large scale distributed applications
- Experience in building APIs and consuming data from external APIs in an efficient, and scalable manner to ensure timeliness and accuracy
- Working knowledge with syslog, 3rd party SaaS APIs, end point and network security tools, CMDB, GRC tools, etc.
- Extensive experience with software architecture and API design
- Excellent communications skills
- Motivation and passion for building world class enterprise products
- Experience with working in Scrum workflow
Life @ Balbix
At Balbix, we have built a culture that aligns to our values of ownership, customer focus, curiosity, tenacity, innovation, judgement, teamwork, communication, honesty and impact. In joining our team you’ll work with very motivated and knowledgeable people, build pioneering products and utilize cutting-edge technology. Our Balbix team members see rapid career growth opportunities stemming from our culture of alignment, bottom up innovation, our clarity of goals and unrelenting mission. Last but not least, developing the world's most advanced platform to address what the most important (and hardest) technology problem facing mankind today is exceptionally rewarding!
Benefits & Perks
Balbix offers comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life insurance and long-term disability coverage for you and your family. Our Flex Time Off policy encourages you to take time off when you need it because we know and value how hard you work. When it comes to our offices it’s location, location, location we’re right next door to Santana Row so you can enjoy your time in (and out) of the office!
More information at https://www.balbix.com/company/careers/
Please reach out if you want a seat on our rocket-ship and are passionate about changing the cybersecurity equation.
At Balbix we’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to equality, fairness and human kindness.