Cloud Architect / Lead
Engineering – Engineering /
WHO WE ARE
Balbix is the world’s first platform to leverage specialized AI and gamification techniques to help organizations understand their exploding attack surface and manage their cybersecurity posture. Balbix predicts where and how breaches are likely to happen, prescribes prioritized mitigating actions, and enables workflows to address the underlying security issues. We enable CISOs and CIOs to reduce enterprise cyber risk by 95% or more, while making security teams 10 times more efficient.
Our rapidly growing customer base includes some of the world's largest organizations. We are backed by John Chambers (the former CEO and Chairman of Cisco), top Silicon Valley VCs and global investors. We have been called magical, and have received raving reviews as well as customer testimonials, numerous industry awards, and recognition by Gartner as a Cool Vendor, and by Frost & Sullivan.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
Balbix is looking for a senior engineer/hands-on architect for its connector platform development. You will play a key role in choosing the technology stack, architecture, feature set of Balbix’s connector initiative. Balbix consumes information from many different sources with the enterprise, such as Active Directory servers, switches and routers. Balbix is looking to create a catalog of connectors, including cloud environments such as Azure, GCP and AWS.
As the initial member of the connector team you will collaborate with Balbix’s product management, and technical leads to ensure scalable, rapid, high quality connectors. You will also have the chance to build a team around you to deliver the connector catalog to solve real-world problems plaguing cybersecurity.
- Architect and develop integrations for collecting and analyzing inventory data, security audit logs, event/activity logs, application monitoring logs etc. across AWS/Azure cloud services such as cloudtrail, cloudwatch, azure monitor, log analytics etc.
- Architect Develop API infrastructure for enabling Balbix BreachControl platform to ingest/analyze collected data in a scalable and efficient manner
- Work shoulder to shoulder with some of the best people in different disciplines (AI, data engineering, product management, marketing, design and sales)
- Build, lead and nurture a solid team of engineers and testers
- Able to take on complex problems, learn quickly, iterate, and persevere towards bringing features from a design specification to production
- Product-focused and passionate about building truly usable systems
- Collaborative and comfortable working with across teams including data engineering, front end, product management, and DevOps
- Responsible and like to take ownership of challenging problems
- A good communicator, and facilitate teamwork via good documentation practices
- Comfortable with ambiguity and able to iterate quickly in response to an evolving understanding of customer needs
- BS/MS (MS Preferred) in CS or related discipline
- 10+ years of experience in architecting and developing distributed applications
- 6+ architectural, implementation, operational and integration experience with AWS/Azure cloud
- Expert in cloud technologies such AWS API Gateway, S3, CloudWatch, AWS Batch, EC2, Azure monitor, log analytics etc.
- Experience with various integration patterns, such as, pub-sub, channel, hub and spoke, event driven, message routing, API gateway, on-prem agents, etc.
- Extensive experience in cross platform development using a variety of programming languages such as Python, C++ and Java
- Expertise in core platform services, such as authentication, messaging (Kafka or RabbitMQ), microservices, data streaming and ETL that power complex, large scale distributed applications
- Ability to hire a world class agile development and testing team
- Excellent communications skills
- Experience with cybersecurity is preferred
- A GitHub, Quora or StackOverflow account that demonstrates what you love to do
Life @ Balbix
At Balbix, we have built a culture that aligns to our values of ownership, customer focus, curiosity, tenacity, innovation, judgement, teamwork, communication, honesty and impact. In joining our team you’ll work with very motivated and knowledgeable people, build pioneering products and utilize cutting-edge technology. Our Balbix team members see rapid career growth opportunities stemming from our culture of alignment, bottom up innovation, our clarity of goals and unrelenting mission. Last but not least, developing the world's most advanced platform to address what the most important (and hardest) technology problem facing mankind today is exceptionally rewarding!
More information at https://www.balbix.com/company/careers/
Please reach out if you want a seat on our rocket-ship and are passionate about changing the cybersecurity equation.