Software Engineer, Vulnerability Analysis
San Jose, CA /
Engineering – Engineering /
WHO WE ARE
Balbix is the world's leading platform for cybersecurity posture automation company. The Balbix Security Cloud uses AI and automation to reinvent how the World's leading organizations reduce their cyber risk. With Balbix, security teams can accurately inventory their cloud and on-prem assests, conduct vulnerability management and quantify their cyber risk in monetary terms.
Balbix counts many global 1000 companies among its rapidly growing customer base. We are backed by John Chambers (the former CEO and Chairman of Cisco), top Silicon Valley VCs and global investors. We have been called magical, and have received raving reviews as well as customer testimonials, numerous industry awards, and recognition by Gartner as a Cool Vendor, and by Frost & Sullivan.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
As a Software Engineer at Balbix on the vulnerability assessment (VA) team you will drive the architecture and development to accelerate the pace of VA Parsers and the related ecosystem. You will collaborate closely with our data scientists, threat researchers and network experts to solve real-world problems plaguing cybersecurity. This role requires excellent design, testing and programming skills coupled with resilience to deliver high value VA outcomes to our data pipeline.
- Work with our in-house threat experts to realize Balbix’s vision of a powerful AI-powered system-of-records for cybersecurity professionals
- Architect and implement data collation from various vendors' information systems to power our world-class cybersecurity vulnerabilities database with the best-in-class accuracy and completeness, and the closest to real-time vulnerability gathering system-of-record
- Write code data enabling efficient and scalable web scraping of vendor security guidance to ingest in system-of -records
- Production quality, highly resilient web parser that can withstand changes to vendor security guidance pages and continue to power system-of -records
- Participate in the engineering life-cycle at Balbix, including designing high quality Web parser, writing production code, conducting code reviews and working alongside our backend infrastructure and reliability teams
- Stay current on the ever-evolving technology landscape of vulnerability assessment and recommend new systems for incorporation in our technology stack.
- Contribute directly to improve our existing cloud-native technologies with newer, more robust and efficient systems as our customer scale and requirements expand
- Able to take on very complex problems, learn quickly, iterate, and persevere towards a robust solution
- Product-focused and passionate about building truly usable systems
- Collaborative and comfortable working across teams including data engineering, data science, front end, product management, and DevOps
- Responsible and like to take ownership of challenging problems
- A good communicator, and facilitate teamwork via good documentation practices
- Comfortable with ambiguity and thrive in designing algorithms for evolving needs
- Intuitive in using the right type of models to address different product needs
- Curious about the world and your profession, constant learner
- BS in Computer Science or related field
- 2+ years software engineering experience — able to write modular, easy to read and maintain code
- Proficient in python
- Experience in writing Unit, Integration testing using python frameworks (eg. pyTest, noseTest)
- Experience with web-scraped data sanitization and parsing is preferred
- Familiarity with K8S, Gitlab is preferred
- Familiarity with AWS infra — S3, SQS, SNS is preferred
- Cybersecurity awareness and exposure to cybersecurity vulnerability management systems is beneficial
Life @ Balbix
At Balbix, we have built a culture that aligns to our values of ownership, customer focus, curiosity, tenacity, innovation, judgement, teamwork, communication, honesty and impact. In joining our team you’ll work with very motivated and knowledgeable people, build pioneering products and utilize cutting-edge technology. Our Balbix team members see rapid career growth opportunities stemming from our culture of alignment, bottom up innovation, our clarity of goals and unrelenting mission. Last but not least, developing the world's most advanced platform to address what the most important (and hardest) technology problem facing mankind today is exceptionally rewarding!
Benefits & Perks
Balbix offers comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life insurance and long-term disability coverage for you and your family. Our Flex Time Off policy encourages you to take time off when you need it because we know and value how hard you work. When it comes to our offices it’s location, location, location we’re right next door to Santana Row so you can enjoy your time in (and out) of the office!
More information at https://www.balbix.com/company/careers/
Please reach out if you want a seat on our rocket-ship and are passionate about changing the cybersecurity equation.
At Balbix we’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to equality, fairness and human kindness.