Senior Software Engineer, Backend
San Jose, CA /
Engineering – Eng (Data Engineering) /
Full Time - Remote
WHO WE ARE
Balbix is the world’s first platform to leverage AI and gamification to help organizations understand and manage their exploding attack surface. Balbix predicts where and how breaches are likely to happen, prioritizes the necessary mitigating actions, and enables workflows to address the underlying security issues. Our customers love us because we help them reduce their cyber risk by 95% or more, while making their security operations 10 times more efficient.
Our rapidly growing customer base includes some of the world's largest organizations. We are backed by John Chambers (the former CEO and Chairman of Cisco), top Silicon Valley VCs and global investors. We have been called magical, and have received raving reviews as well as customer testimonials, numerous industry awards, and recognition by Gartner as a Cool Vendor, and by Frost & Sullivan.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
As a backend engineer you will work on problems related to storing, analyzing, and manipulating very large cybersecurity and IT data sets. You will collaborate closely with our data scientists, threat researchers and network experts to solve real-world problems plaguing cybersecurity. This role requires excellent architecture, design, testing and programming skills as well as experience in large-scale data engineering.
- Architect and implement modules for ingesting, storing and manipulating large data sets for a variety of cybersecurity use-cases.
- Write code to provide backend support for data-driven UI widgets, web dashboards, workflows, search and API connectors.
- Design and implement high performance APIs between our frontend and backend components, and between different backend components.
- Build production quality solutions that balance complexity and performance
- Participate in the engineering life-cycle at Balbix, including designing high quality UI components, writing production code, conducting code reviews and working alongside our backend infrastructure and reliability teams
- Stay current on the ever-evolving technology landscape of web based UIs and recommend new systems for incorporation in our technology stack.
- Product-focused and passionate about building truly usable systems
- Collaborative and comfortable working with across teams including data engineering, front end, product management, and DevOps
- Responsible and like to take ownership of challenging problems
- A good communicator, and facilitate teamwork via good documentation practices
- Comfortable with ambiguity and able to iterate quickly in response to an evolving understanding of customer needs
- Curious about the world and your profession, and a constant learner
- BS in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years of experience in the backend web stack (Node.js, MongoDB, Redis, Elastic Search, Postgres, Java, Python, Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- SQL, no-SQL database experience
- Experience building API (development experience using GraphQL is a plus)
- Familiarity with issues of web performance, availability, scalability, reliability, and maintainability
Life @ Balbix
At Balbix, we have built a culture that aligns to our values of ownership, customer focus, curiosity, tenacity, innovation, judgement, teamwork, communication, honesty and impact. In joining our team you’ll work with very motivated and knowledgeable people, build pioneering products and utilize cutting-edge technology. Our Balbix team members see rapid career growth opportunities stemming from our culture of alignment, bottom up innovation, our clarity of goals and unrelenting mission. Last but not least, developing the world's most advanced platform to address what the most important (and hardest) technology problem facing mankind today is exceptionally rewarding!
Benefits & Perks
Balbix offers comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life insurance and long-term disability coverage for you and your family. Our Flex Time Off policy encourages you to take time off when you need it because we know and value how hard you work. When it comes to our offices it’s location, location, location we’re right next door to Santana Row so you can enjoy your time in (and out) of the office!
More information at https://www.balbix.com/company/careers/
Please reach out if you want a seat on our rocket-ship and are passionate about changing the cybersecurity equation.
At Balbix we’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to equality, fairness and human kindness.