Director of Engineering
San Jose, CA /
Engineering – Engineering /
Full Time - Remote
WHO WE ARE
Balbix is the world’s first platform to leverage AI and gamification to help organizations understand and manage their exploding attack surface. Balbix predicts where and how breaches are likely to happen, prioritizes the necessary mitigating actions, and enables workflows to address the underlying security issues. Our customers love us because we help them reduce their cyber risk by 95% or more, while making their security operations 10 times more efficient.
Our rapidly growing customer base includes some of the world's largest organizations. We are backed by John Chambers (the former CEO and Chairman of Cisco), top Silicon Valley VCs and global investors. We have been called magical, and have received raving reviews as well as customer testimonials, numerous industry awards, and recognition by Gartner as a Cool Vendor, and by Frost & Sullivan.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
As Director of Engineering at Balbix you’ll lead engineering teams. Multiple leadership positions are open for our technical stack areas: full-stack, data engineering, network and traffic sensors, endpoint agents, and connectors.
- Lead one or more engineering teams to develop, deliver and support multiple components of the Balbix platform
- Provide architectural and tactical technical guidance to your team members
- Help coordinate our high velocity SCRUM based development process
- Lead the charge in attracting and recruiting the best engineers as the company and your team grows
- Define and evolve our technology and engineering processes as a member of Balbix’s engineering leadership team
- A inspiring engineering leader
- A technical expert in multiple areas relevant to Balbix mentioned above
- Able to take on very complex engineering-product problems, learn quickly, iterate, and persevere towards a robust solution
- Product-focused and passionate about building truly usable and highly scalable systems
- Collaborative and comfortable working across teams including engineering, design/UX, product management, and DevOps
- Responsible and like to take ownership of challenging problems
- A good communicator, and facilitate teamwork via good documentation practices
- Comfortable with ambiguity and thrive in designing algorithms for evolving needs
- When things break — and they will — you are eager and able to help fix things
- Curious about the world and your profession, constant learner
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience
- At least 2 years in an engineering management role
- Experience working with SCRUM software development process
- Helped build large-scale distributed systems with high-volume, high-velocity data pipelines and have experience with technologies like React, GraphQL, Redis, Elastic Search, Kafka, Cassandra, Postgres and/or networking technologies like TCP/IP and deep packet inspection
- Strong computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, and distributed systems
Life @ Balbix
At Balbix, we have built a culture that aligns to our values of ownership, customer focus, curiosity, tenacity, innovation, judgement, teamwork, communication, honesty and impact. In joining our team you’ll work with very motivated and knowledgeable people, build pioneering products and utilize cutting-edge technology. Our Balbix team members see rapid career growth opportunities stemming from our culture of alignment, bottom up innovation, our clarity of goals and unrelenting mission. Last but not least, developing the world's most advanced platform to address what the most important (and hardest) technology problem facing mankind today is exceptionally rewarding!
Benefits & Perks
Balbix offers comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life insurance and long-term disability coverage for you and your family. Our Flex Time Off policy encourages you to take time off when you need it because we know and value how hard you work. When it comes to our offices it’s location, location, location we’re right next door to Santana Row so you can enjoy your time in (and out) of the office!
More information at https://www.balbix.com/company/careers/
Please reach out if you want a seat on our rocket-ship and are passionate about changing the cybersecurity equation.
At Balbix we’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to equality, fairness and human kindness.