Gurugram/Bengaluru, India /
Engineering – Eng (Dev Ops) /
ABOUT THE ROLE
Balbix is looking for a DevOps Engineer to join our growing team. This role is critical in setting up our engineers for success and critical for our company to ensure that we deliver best of class and scalable platform. This role requires the ability to work in a wide variety of hosting environments and technology stacks with specific focus on AWS and a commitment to Infrastructure as Code (IaC) and continuous deployment. You will also assist in the configuration, installation of IT and engineering infrastructure (on premises and cloud).
The ideal candidate should possess a consistent track record of: massive scaling of applications and infrastructure, solving complex problems in AWS, IaC, CI/CD automation, and quickly learning and adapting to the constantly evolving technologies with AWS/Azure and other cloud providers.
- Work with the existing DevOps team to design and develop IaC components for the Balbix solution and internal engineering tools running in AWS.
- Building and deploying state-of-the-art security SaaS platform using the latest CI/CD techniques which are and fully automated, repeatable and secure.
- Administration of Linux systems at scale using automation.
- Secure infrastructure using security best practices (TLS, bastion hosts, certificate management, authentication and authorization, network segmentation etc.)
- Work with the existing DevOps team to design and develop a consistent deployment infrastructure for service mesh applications using technology such as Kubernetes, Istio, and Ambassador.
- Work with the existing DevOps team to design and implement a consistent logging, monitoring, and diagnostic system for the Balbix solutions.
- 4+ years experience with IaC and related technologies such as Terraform, Pulumi, or CloudFormation
- Solid understanding of the AWS infrastructure (Azure is a plus) and working with services such as load balancers (ALB/ELB), IAM, KMS, EC2, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, CloudFormation, Lambda etc.
- Familiar with configuration management systems such as Puppet, Chef, or Ansible.
- Knowledge of code management and deployment technologies such as GitLab, Docker, Kubernetes, Helm, and Ansible
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both written and verbal
- Experience with ELK, Elasticsearch
- Excellent time management skills while staying focused and calm under pressure in meeting competing deadlines, ability to quickly change priorities when needed
- Familiarity with Nginx, HA Proxy, Kafka, and other components used in public cloud environments
Balbix is the world's leading platform for cybersecurity posture automation. Using Balbix, organizations can discover, prioritize and mitigate unseen risks and vulnerabilities at high velocity. With seamless data collection and petabyte-scale analysis capabilities, Balbix is deployed and operational within hours, and helps to decrease breach risk immediately.
Balbix counts many global 1000 companies among its rapidly growing customer base. We are backed by John Chambers (the former CEO and Chairman of Cisco), top Silicon Valley VCs and global investors. We have been called magical, and have received raving reviews as well as customer testimonials, numerous industry awards, and recognition by Gartner as a Cool Vendor, and by Frost & Sullivan.