Live Event Production Crew Member - Sports
Charleston, SC /
Event Contractors/Operations – Contractor/Ops /
Site Crew Members
BallerTV is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status or any other protected class.
BALLERTV LIVE EVENT PRODUCTION CREW
BallerTV is a venture-backed startup building the world's largest sports network from the ground up. In 2021, BallerTV live streamed over 350,000 youth basketball, volleyball, soccer and lacrosse games, powered by groundbreaking autonomous video capture technology. Similar to the early days of ESPN, BallerTV is rapidly expanding the spectrum of sports coverage and changing the landscape of sports broadcasting.
Why join BallerTV's Production Crew?
● Fun and exciting working conditions, who doesn't want to watch sports all day?
● High-energy event
● Hands-on experience with streaming equipment
● On the job training
● Internal growth potential, we want you to grow and succeed!
● Immediate impact on our mission to expand the spectrum of sports coverage.
Members of our Production Crew start as a Site Lead which operates as a direct representation of BallerTV, while executing the company's live event production responsibilities. This includes but is not limited to: setting up filming equipment (tripods, cables, iOS devices), establishing internet connections, and monitoring live-stream filming.
Duties and Responsibilities
As a Production Crew Site Lead, you must have the ability to move safely, be efficient and maneuver with a sense of urgency throughout your workday. Depending on the event type, either work independently or collaboratively with a team of other contractors before, during and after live events. Regularly stand, walk, climb stairs and use hands for periods of time up to 12 hours. Lift and/or move up to 50 pounds with no assistance. Receive, transport, ship and report equipment/materials/inventory before and after events. Operate and troubleshoot equipment and technology, including both apps and filming devices. Diagnose problems and be a part of solutions. Maintain ongoing communication (live, phone, text, iPad) with BallerTV HQ throughout event.
Cultivate and grow relationships with internal and external BallerTV customers. Must possess a positive "winning" attitude and work successfully in a team environment. Have a passion for community and a clear understanding of the unifying power of live sports.
● Must be 18 years of age
● Must have current and valid driver's license
● Must complete a pre-employment background check
● Must be familiar with iOS devices and products
● Must be personable as well as professional at all times
● Must have the ability to multi-task, attention to detail, and excellent communication skills
● Must be able to travel up to 40 miles one way
● Must be able to work weekends, as early as 6am and as late as 10pm.
● Experience in (live) event production, sports, or any customer facing position is a plus
● Knowledge, interest, and experience within grassroots soccer, lacrosse, basketball, volleyball, football and/or softball is a plus.
No relocation offered.
This position will be contracted by event with an hourly wage based on the location of the event.
Job Type: Weekend Work - Contract
Visit www.BallerTV.com for more information.