Sr. Product Designer
Los Angeles, CA /
Ranked by Forbes as one of America’s best startup employers, Bambee is a venture-backed startup that is developing and deploying best-in-class Human Resources technology and services, while reimagining the employment experience for the largest segment of the job market - small and medium businesses. Bambee consists of self-starters - past and future entrepreneurs who view their departments like small companies. As a member of the Bambee team, you have an insatiable drive for results. Solving customers’ problems excites you. Data guides you. Results inspire you.
Bambee’s goal to offer Human Resources for $99/month has never been done. The team accomplishing this is a team full of drivers. What are you? If you’re a passenger, thanks for reading. If you’re a driver, join us.
Design and user experience (UX) are at the core of everything we do at Bambee. You’ll partner with our Head of Design and Chief Product Officer to define and deliver products and features that will impact the way businesses handle onboarding and offboarding employees, implementing HR policies, communicating with their Bambee HR manager, and more. You’ll have the opportunity to drive the development of product and brand as a whole across the organization.
- Take a user-centered design approach to all product builds: be great at product design and marketing design
- Work closely with the Head of Design and Chief Product Officer to define and optimize the current product as well as new features for core users
- Take design ownership designing the interactions and interfaces along with visual assets both in and out of the product
- Participate in ongoing design reviews
- Iterate on UX and interactions rapidly at varying levels of resolution (using mainly Figma, Framer, and Principal)
- Participate in user experience research and usability studiesIterate on designs after reviewing insights from research, A/B testing, and other qualitative methods
- Be excited to come to work every day and hustle hard toward changing/creating a new industry. People who want to hustle should apply.
Qualifications & Attributes
- 3+ years of experience as a UX Designer, Visual Designer, or Product Designer
- Experience turning complex problems into simple and engaging customer experiences in desktop web, mobile web, and mobile app environments
- Ability to accept feedback and constructive criticism from members of the team and express your opinions collaboratively
- Willing and excited to act as a partner alongside the Head of Design and Chief Product Officer
- Be a self-starter - we thrive on the entrepreneurial spirit. If you want to start your own business one day, we’re the place for you
- High proficiency in modern design software including Figma, Framer, Principal, and the Adobe Creative Suite
- Passionate about all things design, UX, and other areas of design and innovation. Research and showcase knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and technologies
- A design portfolio of your work is required to be considered for this position
Bonus Points For:
- Familiarity with design techniques such as user journey maps, information architecture, interaction models, user research, and wireframes
- Ability to establish credibility with team members quickly
- Experience with motion design and related software
- Understanding of how motion design influences UI and interaction design
- Ability to create high-quality illustrations in a distinct style
What’s In It For you?
Bambee cares deeply about employee well being and is proud to offer the following benefits and perks:
Equity, 401(k), Unlimited vacation, Medical, dental, and vision insurance, Life insurance, Monthly gym contribution, Health equipment reimbursement, $500 personal travel stipend to promote new life and travel experiences, Sponsorship for participation in arts and cultural events, Weekly summer movie nights, Dog-friendly office, Commuter benefits, Fully stocked kitchen (kombucha and cold brew on tap!), Annual staff retreat, Frequent company dinners and happy hours, Professional development
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, we comply with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
We expressly prohibit any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of our employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.