VP, HR Products
Los Angeles, CA /
Ranked by Forbes as one of America’s best startup employers for two consecutive years, Bambee is a growth stage, venture-backed startup that is developing and deploying best-in-class Human Resources technology and services, while reimagining employment for the largest segment of the job market - small businesses. Bambee consists of self-starters - past and future entrepreneurs who view their departments like small companies. As a member of the Bambee team, you have an insatiable drive for results. Solving customers’ problems excites you. Data guides you. Results inspire you.
Bambee’s goal to offer Human Resources for $99/month has never been done. The team accomplishing this is a team full of drivers. What are you? If you’re a passenger, thanks for reading. If you’re a driver, join us.
Bambee Product people work with cross-functional teams of engineers, designers, data scientists and business leaders to build products. We are looking for Product people who value moving quickly while remaining thoughtful and aware that the devil is in the details.
Small business owners are often lacking in critical HR infrastructure and business practices, primarily because of price. Bambee is focused on increasing access to HR products and services usually out of reach for the typical American small business owner. Lowering friction to access by offering products at much lower prices, making them smarter and much easier to use is critical to our HR Product strategy. As the VP, HR Products you will be responsible for adding new features to existing Bambee HR Products, increasing adoption of these products and creating the product experience for all new Bambee HR Products. At Bambee there are two HR Product types: 1.) Software, such as our HR Policy Product & 2.) Service, such as our Workplace Training Product. You will lead the teams that manage our entire portfolio of HR Products. Some of which are live, some recently launched and others stealth and on our product roadmap.
What You’ll Do
- Productize HR features in a way that exudes value to Bambee’s small business customers; HR Policy Product, HR File Cabinet, Performance Management Suite, Bambee Payroll+, our Workplace Training Product etc.
- Be surgical in helping Bambee prioritize where to deploy resources, build thoughtful and compelling cases as to where the business should invest design and engineering talent while weighing short term vs. long terms value and customer adoption
- Build a deep understanding around our customer psychology and which features will drive better retention and satisfaction
- Build product flows and experiences that systematically drive widespread adoption across our suite of HR products focusing on the first 30 days, 90 days, 180 days and 1 month milestones
- Lead the product charge and engineering effort alongside our CTO and VP Engineering to build integrations that expand our HR Product offering between Bambee and its service partners
- Product basics: define problems, prioritization and execution of product strategy for the HR Products team in collaboration with key stakeholders
- Get your hands dirty: You’ll work with engineers to manage sprints and product deliverables, lead on strategy and be in the trenches driving real value on the ground each day. You’ll lead sprint planning meetings and stand ups, build out requirements, and help with wireframing. This work is core to the role.
- You will obsess over our mission, understand and believe in our founders visions and clearly see how each day is a stepping stone toward achieving it
- Over time, you will be expected to hire and manage other product managers across the HR Products business unit and build a team
Who You Are
- You are an entrepreneur at heart, who will knock over cones to get to your destination in time. You’ve managed a P&L and can operate a cross functional dynamic team
- You’re a technical (enough) and design savvy person who can clearly see both the big picture and the tiniest details
- You are mission driven, and have been looking for a company where you can truly express your passions and flex your true value
- You love the energy and demand of a high growth start up with an A+ executive team, where you need solid nightly rest to keep up
- You consider yourself a business athlete (even if you don’t play sports) and you understand we are all teammates, trying to drive as much value towards our missions and for our customers as possible
- You have experience with scrum and other agile product development methodologies, and the roles of product managers in its practice
- You are direct. You speak your mind. You are thoughtful. You love efficiency. You communicate well. Understand the importance of psychology in all things. You aren’t a jerk.
What’s In It For you?
Bambee cares deeply about employee well being and is proud to offer the following benefits and perks:
Equity, 401(k) with an automatic 3% contribution (even if you don't contribute!), Unlimited vacation, Medical, dental, and vision insurance with options that are 100% employer paid, Life insurance, Generous health and wellness stipend, $500 personal travel stipend to promote new life and travel experiences, Sponsorship for participation in arts and cultural events, Weekly summer movie nights, Dog-friendly office, Commuter benefits, Fully stocked kitchen (kombucha and cold brew on tap!), Annual staff retreat, Frequent company dinners and happy hours, Professional development
About The Founder
Bambee was founded in 2016 by Allan Jones (2x-entrepreneur & ex-CMO of ZipRecruiter, and Head of Product at Docstoc [acquired by Intuit]), who has a proven track record in developing successful product and marketing strategies for small businesses/HR.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, we comply with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
We expressly prohibit any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of our employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.