Ranked by Forbes as one of America’s best startup employers for two consecutive years, Bambee is a growth stage, venture-backed startup that is developing and deploying best-in-class Human Resources technology and services, while reimagining employment for the largest segment of the job market - small businesses. Bambee consists of self-starters - past and future entrepreneurs who view their departments like small companies. As a member of the Bambee team, you have an insatiable drive for results. Solving customers’ problems excites you. Data guides you. Results inspire you.
Bambee’s goal to offer Human Resources for $99/month has never been done. The team accomplishing this is a team full of drivers. What are you? If you’re a passenger, thanks for reading. If you’re a driver, join us.
We’re in search of a DevOps Engineer who’s ready to help us improve our quality of service by building resilient, secure & automated systems that our Engineering team will rely on for critical processes. You’ll need to have strong experience as a DevOps or Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) with demonstrable experience through environments you’ve built, maintained and/or automated.
As a DevOps Engineer, you’ll be part of a fully empowered software engineering organization, with ownership ranging from build to deploy. You will be responsible for the maintenance of cloud infrastructure, associated processes and systems. You are detail-oriented and a skilled problem solver, because you’ll also be helping us to streamline our processes—and automating them where applicable.
- Release management & automation
- System metrics
- Log analysis
- Container management
Required Technical Skills
- Strong experience with AWS infrastructure administration
- Strong experience with CI/CD tooling (Jenkins, etc.) and Automated Test Coverage reporting
- Strong experience with Kubernetes infrastructure and tools (e.g. Rancher, AWS EKS)
- Strong experience with NoSQL, SQL and caching databases such as Mongo, Postgres, Redis, and/or Elasticsearch
- Strong experience with Git branching strategy
- Familiarity with APM (e.g. New Relic) and error monitoring tools
- Experience designing Microservice architecture
- Experience designing Message queueing infrastructure (e.g. Kafka)
Qualifications & Attributes
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s in Computer Science, Engineering, Software Engineering or a relevant field.
- 3+ years of experience in DevOps or SRE related role
- Detail oriented
- Ability to identify and articulate best practice solutions
Bonus Points For:
- Automated Unit Testing & UI Automation frameworks
- Experience with Puppet or Chef for automation
What’s In It For you?
Bambee cares deeply about employee well being and is proud to offer the following benefits and perks:
Equity, 401(k) with an automatic 3% contribution (even if you don't contribute!), Unlimited vacation, Medical, dental, and vision insurance with options that are 100% employer paid, Life insurance, Generous health and wellness stipend, $500 personal travel stipend to promote new life and travel experiences, Sponsorship for participation in arts and cultural events, Sponsorship for participation in arts and cultural events, Supportive remote environment, Annual staff retreat, Frequent company dinners and happy hours, Professional development
About The Founder
Bambee was founded in 2016 by Allan Jones (2x-entrepreneur & ex-CMO of ZipRecruiter, and Head of Product at Docstoc [acquired by Intuit]), who has a proven track record in developing successful product and marketing strategies for small businesses/HR.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, we comply with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
We expressly prohibit any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of our employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.