VP, Product - HR Service
Los Angeles, CA /
Ranked by Forbes as one of America’s best startup employers for two consecutive years, Bambee is a growth stage, venture-backed startup that is developing and deploying best-in-class Human Resources technology and services, while reimagining employment for the largest segment of the job market - small businesses. Bambee consists of self-starters - past and future entrepreneurs who view their departments like small companies. As a member of the Bambee team, you have an insatiable drive for results. Solving customers’ problems excites you. Data guides you. Results inspire you.
Bambee’s goal to offer Human Resources for $99/month has never been done. The team accomplishing this is a team full of drivers. What are you? If you’re a passenger, thanks for reading. If you’re a driver, join us.
Bambee Product people work with cross-functional teams of engineers, designers, data scientists and business leaders to build products. We are looking for Product people who value moving quickly while remaining thoughtful and aware that the devil is in the details.
The HR service business team is the heart of our company and is where we deliver the most value to small business owners and their employees across the United States. Tens of thousands of business owners and hundreds of thousands of employees across America, depend on Bambee everyday to guide them through the most complex HR issues. The VP, HR Service Product will be responsible for making sure Bambee’s product delivers the best experience each time a customer interacts with us. This role is focused on streamlining some of the most important decisions business owners will make, standardizing and delivering value to emotionally charged HR issues in a way that drives confidence and trust between Bambee and our customers.
What You’ll Do
- Streamline the process for business owners to help them understand HR issues, the steps and stages each issue follows before it are is resolved
- This role will be responsible for HR standardizing issue discovery and standardizing how issues are resolved in order to create consistency between every single interaction customers have with their Bambee HR Manager
- You’ll focus on building a product experience that structures the information we collect from customers so that HR Managers can more quickly and efficiently deliver structured answers
- Build experiences that become masterful and increase the number of HR issues business owners ask Bambee to solve on their behalf, while making sure Bambee’s HR managers become better over time at delivering high value answers
- Obsess over building a product that helps business owners with as many issues as we can, while building tools that allow Bambee to become better at doing so
- Measure the number of issues we solve for customers, their quality, and how this impacts customer satisfaction and churn.
- Dream about and work with the engineering and design team to create an experience that helps to remove the complexity from HR issues and makes business owners feel relief that they are not alone in their journey
- Partner with our Chief Executive Officer, Chief Commercial Officer and Head of Product to define and execute the overall vision for the core HR Service product
- Product Basics: Define problems, prioritization and execution of product strategy for HR Service in collaboration with key stakeholders
- Get your hands dirty: You’ll work with engineers to manage sprints and product deliverables, lead on strategy and be in the trenches driving real value on the ground each day. You’ll lead sprint planning meetings and stand ups, build out requirements, and help with wire-framing. This work is core to the role.
- You will obsess over our mission, understand and believe in our founders visions and clearly see how each day is a stepping stone toward achieving it
- Over time ,you will be expected to hire and manage other product managers across the HR Service business unit and build a team
Who You Are
- You are an entrepreneur at heart, who will knock over cones to get to your destination in time
- You’re a technical and design savvy management pro who can clearly see both the big picture and the tiniest details
- You are mission driven, and have been looking for a company where you can truly express your passions and flex your true value
- You love the energy and demand of a high growth start up with a A+ executive team where you need solid nightly rest to keep up
- You consider yourself a business athlete (even if you don’t play sports) and you understand we are all teammates, trying to drive as much value towards our missions and for our customers as possible.
- You have experience with scrum and other agile product development methodologies, and the roles of product managers in its practice
What’s In It For you?
Bambee cares deeply about employee well being and is proud to offer the following benefits and perks:
Equity, 401(k) with an automatic 3% contribution (even if you don't contribute!), Unlimited vacation, Medical, dental, and vision insurance with options that are 100% employer paid, Life insurance, Generous health and wellness stipend, $500 personal travel stipend to promote new life and travel experiences, Sponsorship for participation in arts and cultural events, Weekly summer movie nights, Dog-friendly office, Commuter benefits, Fully stocked kitchen (kombucha and cold brew on tap!), Annual staff retreat, Frequent company dinners and happy hours, Professional development
About The Founder
Bambee was founded in 2016 by Allan Jones (2x-entrepreneur & ex-CMO of ZipRecruiter, and Head of Product at Docstoc [acquired by Intuit]), who has a proven track record in developing successful product and marketing strategies for small businesses/HR.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, we comply with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
We expressly prohibit any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of our employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.