Los Angeles, CA /
Ranked by Forbes as one of America’s best startup employers in 2020, Bambee is a growth stage, venture-backed startup that is developing and deploying best-in-class Human Resources technology and services, while reimagining employment for the largest segment of the job market - small businesses. Bambee consists of self-starters - past and future entrepreneurs who view their departments like small companies. As a member of the Bambee team, you have an insatiable drive for results. Solving customers’ problems excites you. Data guides you. Results inspire you.
Bambee’s goal to offer Human Resources for $99/month has never been done. The team accomplishing this is a team full of drivers. What are you? If you’re a passenger, thanks for reading. If you’re a driver, join us.
We are looking for a financial analyst to help us drive business insights and increase precision in our financial forecasting and reporting. As the second hire on the finance team, this individual will report directly to the SVP of Finance and be very hands-on while wearing a wide variety of hats. If you are super analytical, love driving meaningful insights, and enjoy spending time in spreadsheets as much as you enjoy collaborating with cross-functional teams, this is the role for you.
- Own reporting and updates on subscription trends and the underlying models that power the forecast and budget
- Assist with creating the month-end financial reporting package and variance reports
- Own the reporting process for all revenue and subscription-related insights and content creation for weekly leadership and data-insight meetings
- Collaborate with leadership and the strategy team on revenue and margin expansion opportunities
- Partner with the business development team to help identify and quantify opportunities with strategic partners
- Monitor and maintain reporting on major expense categories and drive insights on cost savings opportunities
- Support other basic finance and accounting functions as needed
- Adhoc reporting and modeling as needed
- 3+ years’ experience in finance, investment banking, or internal strategy
- Superior analytical and reporting skills with the ability to develop actionable takeaways from insights
- Experience analyzing large volumes of data and presenting in a concise and intuitive manner
- Expert in Microsoft Excel - demonstrated experience building and working with advanced models
- Solid understanding of finance and accounting principles
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Must be able to multi-task, prioritize and work quickly/accurately under pressure
- Should be organized, goal oriented, energetic, team player, and responsive
- SQL experience preferred
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this role.
What’s In It For you?
Bambee cares deeply about employee well being and is proud to offer the following benefits and perks:
Equity, 401(k), Unlimited vacation, Medical, dental, and vision insurance, Life insurance, Generous health and wellness stipend, $500 personal travel stipend to promote new life and travel experiences, Sponsorship for participation in arts and cultural events, Weekly summer movie nights, Dog-friendly office, Commuter benefits, Fully stocked kitchen (kombucha and cold brew on tap!), Annual staff retreat, Frequent company dinners and happy hours, Professional development
About The Founder
Bambee was founded in 2016 by Allan Jones (2x-entrepreneur & ex-CMO of ZipRecruiter, and Head of Product at Docstoc [acquired by Intuit]), who has a proven track record in developing successful product and marketing strategies for small businesses/HR.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, we comply with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
We expressly prohibit any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of our employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.