VP, People Operations
Los Angeles, CA /
People Operations /
Ranked by Forbes as one of America’s best startup employers in 2020, Bambee is a growth stage, venture-backed startup that is developing and deploying best-in-class Human Resources technology and services, while reimagining employment for the largest segment of the job market - small businesses. Bambee consists of self-starters - past and future entrepreneurs who view their departments like small companies. As a member of the Bambee team, you have an insatiable drive for results. Solving customers’ problems excites you. Data guides you. Results inspire you.
Bambee’s goal to offer Human Resources for $99/month has never been done. The team accomplishing this is a team full of drivers. What are you? If you’re a passenger, thanks for reading. If you’re a driver, join us.
We are looking for a Vice President, People Operations to help us build a best-in-class business and culture. In this role, you will drive the people strategy at Bambee, leading the charge on employee development, organizational change, and improvement. You should be excited about building internal HR policies and processes for an HR company and fostering an environment where the organization’s people feel supported and engaged.
This role reports directly to the CEO and is a key advisor on organizational and management strategies and issues at the Company. We want candidates who are proven leaders and strategic thinkers, effective people managers and problem-solvers. If you are all these, with the HR experience that a position like this warrants, we want to talk to you.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this role.
- Develop and re-engineer internal HR processes to ensure maximum efficiency and compliance (payroll, benefits, documentation, etc.)
- Oversee the recruiting function for the company, supercharging our ability to attract, engage, and develop the best talent
- Continually assess the competitiveness of the organization ensuring that it is welcoming and motivates high performance
- Develop strategic HR plans and policies (recruitment, training, compensation etc.)
- Design and direct the administration of benefit programs to include health, retirement, disability, etc.
- Oversee our HRMS, continuously identifying and implementing new processes, technologies, and workflows that make sense for the business
- Proactively lead labor relations strategy and execution
- Work closely with General and Outside Counsel as needed
- Be a champion for inclusivity initiatives across the organization
- Ensure all procedures comply with legal regulations and best practices
- Design and implement forward-thinking review process that positions Bambee as an industry leader both internally and externally
- Develop, oversee, and coach leaders on performance management system
- Act as a champion of our culture and core values and enable all employees
- Partner with the CEO and the Executive Team to craft the company’s vision and mission
- Participate in the development of Bambee’s plans and programs as a strategic partner, particularly from the perspective of the impact on the organization’s talent needs and development
- Champion personal and personnel development across all levels of the organization
- Coach and mentor leaders at all levels of the organization to help coach and mentor their own teams
- Translate the strategic and tactical business plans into HR strategies, tactics and programs and establish/implement short and long-range departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures
- Prepare reports for the CEO using business metrics and KPIs
- Proactively collaborate with key stakeholders to develop and implement people strategies that support scalable business success and foster employee engagement
- 10+ years of progressive HR experience managing multiple facets, including total rewards, culture, employee development, and a strong emphasis on recruiting
- Proven experience as VP of HR or similar HR role; experience in an operations leadership role (outside of HR) a plus
- Experience working at a technology startup a plus
- Experience in strategic planning and implementation
- Deep knowledge of HR functions (talent management, recruitment etc.)
- Experience using an HRMS to drive productivity and effective use of HR data
- Ability to use metrics and analytics
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local employment labor laws; international labor law experience a plus
- Working knowledge of Google Office Suite and Microsoft Office
- Ability to present at an executive level
- Well-organized with excellent leadership qualities
- Certification (e.g. SHRM-SCP/SPHR) a plus
What’s In It For you?
Bambee cares deeply about employee well being and is proud to offer the following benefits and perks:
Equity, 401(k), Unlimited vacation, Medical, dental, and vision insurance, Life insurance, Generous health and wellness stipend, $500 personal travel stipend to promote new life and travel experiences, Sponsorship for participation in arts and cultural events, Weekly summer movie nights, Dog-friendly office, Commuter benefits, Fully stocked kitchen (kombucha and cold brew on tap!), Annual staff retreat, Frequent company dinners and happy hours, Professional development
About The Founder
Bambee was founded in 2016 by Allan Jones (2x-entrepreneur & ex-CMO of ZipRecruiter, and Head of Product at Docstoc [acquired by Intuit]), who has a proven track record in developing successful product and marketing strategies for small businesses/HR.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, we comply with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
We expressly prohibit any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of our employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.