Los Angeles, CA /
Ranked by Forbes as one of America’s best startup employers in 2020, Bambee is a growth stage, venture-backed startup that is developing and deploying best-in-class Human Resources technology and services, while reimagining employment for the largest segment of the job market - small businesses. Bambee consists of self-starters - past and future entrepreneurs who view their departments like small companies. As a member of the Bambee team, you have an insatiable drive for results. Solving customers’ problems excites you. Data guides you. Results inspire you.
Bambee’s goal to offer Human Resources for $99/month has never been done. The team accomplishing this is a team full of drivers. What are you? If you’re a passenger, thanks for reading. If you’re a driver, join us.
We are looking for a hands-on Controller to run the accounting function of our rapidly scaling B2B SaaS business. Reporting to the SVP of Finance, you will be in a key leadership role on a lean finance team and actively involved in managing the day-to-day aspects of accounting while also supporting treasury, tax, corporate strategy, and financial planning. This is a great opportunity for a rising accounting star looking to play a major role in building a scalable accounting framework for a hyper-growth company.
- Oversee all accounting functions and the day-to-day operations of the team
- Responsible for ensuring accurate and timely GAAP-compliant financial statements are produced for all entities along with consolidation of those entities
- Develop, maintain, and enforce (documented) accounting policies and procedures and internal controls
- Oversee accounts payable and receivable functions and any supporting software used to administer them
- Responsible for all tax matters and coordinating with external tax partners to ensuring ongoing compliance with reporting requirements and tax filings
- Responsible for day-to-day cash management and banking relationships, while partnering with the SVP of Finance to manage longer-term treasury policies and strategy
- Support and provide guidance around corporate & tax structure optimization including overseeing state registrations, inter-company agreements, sales tax nexus, etc.
- Partner with the HR team to ensure accurate, timely, and compliant processing of payroll and commissions across multiple states
- Plan, coordinate, and oversee external audits and ensure records are maintain and organized
- Partner with the SVP of Finance to research, interpret, document, and implement accounting guidance associated with various accounting issues
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business administration (or equivalent business experience) with a preference for candidates that are Certified Public Accountants
- Minimum 8 years progressive accounting experience and/or 2-4 years as a Controller
- Experience with both leading teams and being hands-on across all accounting functions
- Experience overseeing tax matters and coordinating with external tax preparers and advisors
- Experience overseeing external audits and working with internal teams to document and put in practice recommendations from those audits
- Experience working at venture-backed companies strongly preferred
- Experience working for hypergrowth B2B SaaS companies strongly preferred
- Expert in Microsoft Excel with demonstrated experience building and working with advanced models
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Must be able to multi-task, prioritize and work quickly/accurately under pressure
- Should be organized, goal oriented, energetic, team player, and responsive
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this role.
What’s In It For you?
Bambee cares deeply about employee well being and is proud to offer the following benefits and perks:
Equity, 401(k), Unlimited vacation, Medical, dental, and vision insurance, Life insurance, Generous health and wellness stipend, $500 personal travel stipend to promote new life and travel experiences, Sponsorship for participation in arts and cultural events, Weekly summer movie nights, Dog-friendly office, Commuter benefits, Fully stocked kitchen (kombucha and cold brew on tap!), Annual staff retreat, Frequent company dinners and happy hours, Professional development
About The Founder
Bambee was founded in 2016 by Allan Jones (2x-entrepreneur & ex-CMO of ZipRecruiter, and Head of Product at Docstoc [acquired by Intuit]), who has a proven track record in developing successful product and marketing strategies for small businesses/HR.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, we comply with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
We expressly prohibit any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of our employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.