Los Angeles, CA /
Recently identified by Business Insider as one of the 38 fintechs that are in the next generation of breakout B2B stars, Bambee and Bambee Insurance Services are venture-backed startups that are developing and deploying best-in-class services to protect small and medium-sized businesses all across the United States. Our company consists of self-starters - past and future entrepreneurs who view their departments like small companies.
As a member of the Bambee Insurance Services team, you have an insatiable drive for results. Solving customers’ problems excites you. Data guides you. Results inspire you. The team accomplishing this is a team full of drivers. What are you? If you’re a passenger, thanks for reading. If you’re a driver, join us.
Bambee Insurance Services is seeking a General Manager to grow our dynamic insurance startup. We recently launched our insurance product and we are taking the world of compliance by storm. We are building a true industry-disrupting product that will fundamentally change the way small business owners access insurance and HR. You will be directly responsible for operations, strategy, and expanding sales and our customer base.
- Work directly with the CEO to help grow our new insurance product
- Support the growth of our Insurance product by meeting with members of the C-Suite on a daily basis; this is a very high profile position
- Review client coverage and sell new products to both new and existing Bambee customers
- Work with partner carriers to provide the best coverage and options to Bambee customers
- Work directly with clients to answer questions and to present the dynamic Bambee approach to overall compliance
- Communicate with our preferred partners to implement important strategic initiatives for the business
- Identify and pursue areas of growth
- Building and execute lead strategy for various lines of insurance
- Track areas for optimization and provide strategy on ways to achieve new milestones
- Track and report metrics to leadership
- Develop innovative networking ideas to further expand the reach of Bambee Insurance Services
- Comply with insurance standards, licensing, and regulations
- A desire to build something that has not existed in the current HR/Insurance/Compliance space
- Minimum 8 years experience in insurance
- Minimum 2 years experience building or managing an insurance agency
- Self-motivated and people-oriented
- Ability to build relationships with clients
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Ability to use Gmail/Google Drive
- Current Property and Casualty License (Required)
- Life and Health License preferred but not required
Bonus Points For:
- Startup experience is a huge plus
- Experience growing commercial insurance teams
What’s In It For you?
Bambee cares deeply about employee well being and is proud to offer the following benefits and perks:
Equity, 401(k), Unlimited vacation, Medical, dental, and vision insurance, Life insurance, Monthly gym contribution, Health equipment reimbursement, $500 personal travel stipend to promote new life and travel experiences, Sponsorship for participation in arts and cultural events, Weekly summer movie nights, Dog-friendly office, Commuter benefits, Fully stocked kitchen (kombucha and cold brew on tap!), Annual staff retreat, Frequent company dinners and happy hours, Professional development
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, we comply with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
We expressly prohibit any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of our employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.