People Operations Manager
Los Angeles, CA /
People Operations /
Ranked by Forbes as one of America’s best startup employers in 2020, Bambee is a growth stage, venture-backed startup that is developing and deploying best-in-class Human Resources technology and services, while reimagining employment for the largest segment of the job market - small businesses. Bambee consists of self-starters - past and future entrepreneurs who view their departments like small companies. As a member of the Bambee team, you have an insatiable drive for results. Solving customers’ problems excites you. Data guides you. Results inspire you.
Bambee’s goal to offer Human Resources for $99/month has never been done. The team accomplishing this is a team full of drivers. What are you? If you’re a passenger, thanks for reading. If you’re a driver, join us.
The People Operations Manager position is a unique leadership opportunity to utilize your HR expertise while playing an integral role in building a company that specializes in Human Resources. Reporting to the Head of People, you will be responsible for internal HR at a rapidly growing HR startup, executing a mix of day-to-day and strategic initiatives to drive and maintain compliance and culture within the organization. This position will work diligently with all teams in the company to ensure that we are not only compliant in all aspects of HR, but doing so in a strategic way to attract, develop, and retain company talent.
- Work with third party vendors to manage payroll and benefits services offered to employees
- Manage benefits administration including health and life insurance, leave of absence vacation/holidays, 401K, educational assistance, and Employee Assistance Program
- Maintain and oversee multiple HR-related systems including our HRIS and management of employee files and records
- Ensure ongoing assessment, enhancement, and alignment of all People Operations processes, policies, and practices
- Identify areas of strategic and tactical improvements in HR processes and technologies, lead implementation of improvements with the team, and enable cross-department collaboration
- Own the employee onboarding and offboarding for employees
- Ensure Bambee maintains compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations
- Guide and advise leaders in corrective action, development plans, employee terminations, etc. and assist with employee relations issues as needed
- Serve as a trusted ally to our internal teams – advocating on behalf of our employees and driving policy with our employees in mind
- Proactively collaborate with key stakeholders to develop and implement people strategies that support business success and foster employee engagement
- Serve as a strong partner to our Talent Acquisition and Learning and Development teams
- Partner with all levels of the organization to evolve, nurture, and cultivate Bambee culture as we grow and expand
- Foster a diverse workplace which enables all employees to be exceptional and maximize their contribution
- Manage execution of competing priorities; balancing short-term tactical implementation with longer-term strategic goals
- Collaborates with finance team to anticipate and forecast people related investments and expenses; monitors and analyzes trends and variances on an ongoing basis; develops corrective actions as needed
- Be a role model for leadership and management excellence
- 8+ years as an HR generalist with in-depth knowledge and expertise in multiple HR specialties (e.g. recruiting, compensation, benefits, employee relations, learning and development, diversity and inclusion, employment law, HR systems )
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources Management, or related field; Master's degree a plus
- SPHR/SHRM-SCP certification a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strategic thinker with ability to implement
- Strong business acumen and analytical skills
- Excellent judgment and ability to build trust at all organizational levels
- Collaborative problem-solver
- Organized and process oriented
- Intrinsic drive to roll-up your sleeves and get things done
- Experience in a high-growth or startup environment a plus
What’s In It For you?
Bambee cares deeply about employee well being and is proud to offer the following benefits and perks:
Equity, 401(k), Unlimited vacation, Medical, dental, and vision insurance, Life insurance, Generous health and wellness stipend, $500 personal travel stipend to promote new life and travel experiences, Sponsorship for participation in arts and cultural events, Weekly summer movie nights, Dog-friendly office, Commuter benefits, Fully stocked kitchen (kombucha and cold brew on tap!), Annual staff retreat, Frequent company dinners and happy hours, Professional development
About The Founder
Bambee was founded in 2016 by Allan Jones (2x-entrepreneur & ex-CMO of ZipRecruiter, and Head of Product at Docstoc [acquired by Intuit]), who has a proven track record in developing successful product and marketing strategies for small businesses/HR.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, we comply with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
We expressly prohibit any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of our employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.