HR Compliance Specialist
Los Angeles, CA /
HR Accounts /
Ranked by Forbes as one of America’s best startup employers for two consecutive years, Bambee is a growth stage, venture-backed startup that is developing and deploying best-in-class Human Resources technology and services, while reimagining employment for the largest segment of the job market - small businesses. Bambee consists of self-starters - past and future entrepreneurs who view their departments like small companies. As a member of the Bambee team, you have an insatiable drive for results. Solving customers’ problems excites you. Data guides you. Results inspire you.
Bambee’s goal to offer Human Resources for $99/month has never been done. The team accomplishing this is a team full of drivers. What are you? If you’re a passenger, thanks for reading. If you’re a driver, join us.
We’re looking to hire an HR Compliance Specialist who can provide guidance to our growing team of HR professionals who ensure best-in-class HR to companies in multiple states and industries. This is a truly unique opportunity to expand your HR knowledge and help build Bambee’s compliance team from the ground up. You will help support HR professionals that are the cornerstone of our HR offerings for small businesses across the country!
This role is perfect for experienced HR professionals (at least 4 years of experience in HR) who are relentless in compliance adherence. In this role you will rely heavily on and continue to develop your HR knowledge, while learning ways to scale the services you provide.
What You'll Do
- Develop new, custom, and templated HR policies in accordance with Bambee’s guidelines and client requests. Some policies may require extensive legislative research to ensure compliance.
- Resolve escalated compliance inquiries from Bambee’s HR professional staff ensuring accuracy and speed.
- Assist with the creation and management of Bambee’s internal knowledge base to allow internal teams to quickly self-serve common requests.
- Stay abreast to new HR legislative changes that may affect employers. Identify and release related communication to those potentially impacted. Train and educate internal teams on compliance, regulation, and HR risk.
Who You Are:
- You have 4+ years in depth HR knowledge related to state and federal employment law and regulatory requirements.
- You have proven knowledge of complex HR topics such as employee relations, and wage and hour guidelines.
- You have a passion for HR and take time to ensure you give out accurate information every time.
- You are excited to help build a new team from the ground up and expand your operations and leadership skills alongside like minded individuals.
- You are a passionate, enthusiastic person who’s not afraid of hard work.
- You’re able to take complex information and express it succinctly to others.
- You are organized, sincere, empathetic, and proactive.
- You are adaptable and comfortable with change (this is a start-up, things move fast!)
Bonus Points For:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- SHRM, PHR, or SPHR certification.
- 4-6 years Human Resources compliance experience.
This is a fast-paced, rapidly-growing startup - you’ll be a contributor right from the start, with an immediate and meaningful impact on our business. If you want to be valued, challenged, and respected, come join our team!
What’s In It For you?
Bambee cares deeply about employee well being and is proud to offer the following benefits and perks:
Equity, 401(k) with an automatic 3% contribution (even if you don't contribute!), a generous vacation policy, medical, dental, and vision insurance with options that are 100% employer paid, life insurance, a generous health and wellness stipend, $500 personal travel stipend to promote new life and travel experiences, a dog-friendly office, annual staff retreat, frequent company dinners and happy hours, and professional development.
About The Founder
Bambee was founded in 2016 by Allan Jones (2x-entrepreneur & ex-CMO of ZipRecruiter, and Head of Product at Docstoc [acquired by Intuit]), who has a proven track record in developing successful product and marketing strategies for small businesses/HR.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, we comply with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
We expressly prohibit any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of our employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.