Chief Product Officer
Los Angeles, CA /
Ranked by Forbes as one of America’s best startup employers for two consecutive years, Bambee is a growth stage, venture-backed startup that is developing and deploying best-in-class Human Resources technology and services, while reimagining employment for the largest segment of the job market - small businesses. Bambee consists of self-starters - past and future entrepreneurs who view their departments like small companies. As a member of the Bambee team, you have an insatiable drive for results. Solving customers’ problems excites you. Data guides you. Results inspire you.
Bambee’s goal to offer Human Resources for $99/month has never been done. The team accomplishing this is a team full of drivers. What are you? If you’re a passenger, thanks for reading. If you’re a driver, join us.
We are looking for a highly creative, innovative and entrepreneurial Chief Product Officer to join our growing executive team. Reporting directly to the CEO, you will be responsible for bringing all products and new services to market, including our core HR Manager product, platform services products, the full line of employee experience products, and internal customer management systems for account managers and sales.
The ideal candidate is assertive, bold, intuitive, ambitious and full of fire, kind--but not always nice, is extremely driven to win but not at any cost and has a high level of optimism, creativity and relentlessness. We are looking for someone who has founded companies and/or led large-scale consumer-focused product teams, has experienced hyper-growth in some capacity at least once, understands SaaS models, highly quantitative, and is revenue and consumer engagement driven.
What You’ll Do
As the company’s Chief Product Officer, you must be part visionary, part believer and part pragmatists. You should be invigorated by lofty ambitious goals, but not distracted by them. A deep understanding of Bambee’s long-term mission and an obsession with leading the charge to map out the steps of the journey should be at the heart of all you do. At the company you will be responsible for bringing to life three of the most important innovation pillars to help Bambee achieve its destiny: The freedom of work.
HR Issues for Business Owners: Build a product that is the best at discovering underlying HR issues that create anxiety for business owners and their employees. Streamline how we solve each and every HR issue via our “Turbotax for HR” strategy, with the goal of standardizing how we interact with, and respond to, business owners in high pressure situations. Perfect our partnership with business owners by building the best-in-class product.
HR Product Expansion & Product Serendipity - Bring the company’s future HR products to life across multi-million dollar business verticals like Training, Bambee Payroll+, and 401k, while creating helpful, anxiety relieving and serendipitous product experiences that are deeply helpful to small business owners across the country and drive adoption of these services.
Direct to Consumer Strategy: Partner with the CEO & Founder to bring to life Bambee’s vision of the freedom of work by making benefits (“Career Equity”) transferable from job to job.
- You will act as the primary vision partner with the CEO to define and execute the overall product story, roadmap, experience and success milestones
- Rally the team to be relentless in our focus to achieve the hard-but-possible from a place of joy and thoughtfulness
- Drive the definition, prioritization and execution of product strategy in collaboration with key stakeholders and business team executives
- Partner with strong engineering and analytics counterparts, acting as a contributor and thought leader to drive the successful execution of the product vision
- Coach, inspire and mentor a team of product managers and designers to develop a passionate and inspired customer-driven product culture
- Own product results with P&L responsibility, including on-time release, usability, customer satisfaction and business critical metrics. Foster them back into the product development process
- Install processes and best practices to create a world class product management and design organization
- Lead how the company will deliver product: Set the pace and principles for product managers, data, design and engineering surrounding product management and delivery
- Be a key outspoken member of the senior leadership team, bringing the voice of product management to the executive table
- Obsess over the customer experience and be the loudest voice as their champion inside of the company. Always pushing the team and executive leaders to think customer first
- Hire, develop, coach and mold the best product management and design organization in the country with the support of the CEO and the rest of the C-suite
Who You Are
- 12+ years of successful product management experience with 5+ years in leadership at the executive level
- Experience at having partnered successfully with founders and/or CEOs who themselves also have a strong product background and vision
- Deep understanding of SaaS models and consumer-focused products
- Strong entrepreneurial drive either as a founder or product leader with experience in hyper-growth businesses at least twice
- Demonstrated experience conceiving, crafting and implementing impactful product roadmaps with an emphasis on expansion into creative new product verticals
- An ability to lead, influence, and work collaboratively across the organization with cross-functional operational prowess
- A passion for understanding consumer needs through user research and direct customer interaction
- A demonstrated ability to understand the ROI of various product opportunities and prioritize those that have the greatest impact on the business
- Experience successfully assessing and handling trade-offs involving features, cost, design, schedule, pricing and customer experience
- Possess a data-driven yet creative mindset that is oriented towards solving problems
- An ability to coach and mentor passionate product leaders within the product organization
- A true growth-stage leader who can balance creativity and innovation with the grit necessary to make it happen
What’s In It For you?
Bambee cares deeply about employee well being and is proud to offer the following benefits and perks:
Equity, 401(k) with an automatic 3% contribution (even if you don't contribute!), Unlimited vacation, Medical, dental, and vision insurance with options that are 100% employer paid, Life insurance, Generous health and wellness stipend, $500 personal travel stipend to promote new life and travel experiences, Sponsorship for participation in arts and cultural events, Weekly summer movie nights, Dog-friendly office, Commuter benefits, Fully stocked kitchen (kombucha and cold brew on tap!), Annual staff retreat, Frequent company dinners and happy hours, Professional development
About The Founder
Bambee was founded in 2016 by Allan Jones (2x-entrepreneur & ex-CMO of ZipRecruiter, and Head of Product at Docstoc [acquired by Intuit]), who has a proven track record in developing successful product and marketing strategies for small businesses/HR.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, we comply with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
We expressly prohibit any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of our employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.