Los Angeles, CA /
Ranked by Forbes as one of America’s best startup employers in 2020, Bambee is a growth stage, venture-backed startup that is developing and deploying best-in-class Human Resources technology and services, while reimagining employment for the largest segment of the job market - small businesses. Bambee consists of self-starters - past and future entrepreneurs who view their departments like small companies. As a member of the Bambee team, you have an insatiable drive for results. Solving customers’ problems excites you. Data guides you. Results inspire you.
Bambee’s goal to offer Human Resources for $99/month has never been done. The team accomplishing this is a team full of drivers. What are you? If you’re a passenger, thanks for reading. If you’re a driver, join us.
The Executive Assistant’s primary role will be to fully support the administrative needs of Bambee’s CEO. It also includes providing occasional assistance to the company’s other executives (currently five) and collaborating with Bambee’s chief of staff on company events and special projects.
The Executive Assistant will be responsible for overseeing assigned projects and activities, coordinating schedules/calendars, preparing for meetings and managing travel. The ideal candidate will proactively function under tight deadlines in a fast-paced, highly demanding work environment.
The skills necessary to succeed in this role call for a very special combination of talent. Successful administrators must be adaptable, tech-savvy and undeniably bright with the ability to absorb information like a sponge, anticipate needs and overcome challenges in an instant, consistently looking for ways to maximize the efficiency of those they support. The Executive Assistant must be flexible, fluid, poised and able to prioritize, multitask and execute with flawless attention to detail.
What You’ll Do
- Perform day-to-day tasks including, but not limited to: managing detailed business and personal calendars, meetings and logistics; handling communications; preparing materials; and setting up company activities
- Ensure that executives are prepared for all meetings by organizing appropriate staff work such as read-ahead material, talking points, and other relevant resources
- Perform research related to executive travel briefings, events planning and other matters at the direction of the executives; manage special projects and special events
- Determine the importance of meeting requests in the context of the executives; priorities and schedule accordingly
- Lead and/or assist in managing global, department-wide communication and activities
- Prioritize requests and ensure deadlines are met
- Respond to inquiries; oversee incoming communications, and when appropriate take action on the executives
- Arrange complex international and domestic travel agendas; prepare travel and expense reports on a timely basis
- Maintain accurate databases electronically to include address books, files, and contacts
- Perform other related projects and duties as requested
- 6+ years executive support experience working in a growing, fast-paced organization at the C-level
- Advanced proficiency in Google Apps
- Highly professional, polished, reliable and strong self-starter with a "can-do" attitude in addition to a flexible approach
- High level of discretion pertaining to confidential information
- Proven experience preparing information to executives
- Self-starter attitude and enthusiasm when working independently and as part of a team
- High sense of urgency, drive and willingness to do what it takes to get the job done
- Keen ability to follow instructions and understand those instructions with little or no follow up
- Ability to properly multi-task and prioritize work by considering its risk, importance, urgency, and potential business, organizational, or customer implications
- Experience working at rapidly growing technology-focused start-up company preferred
- A sense of humor and ability to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
What’s In It For you?
Bambee cares deeply about employee well being and is proud to offer the following benefits and perks:
Equity, 401(k), Unlimited vacation, Medical, dental, and vision insurance, Life insurance, Generous health and wellness stipend, $500 personal travel stipend to promote new life and travel experiences, Sponsorship for participation in arts and cultural events, Weekly summer movie nights, Dog-friendly office, Commuter benefits, Fully stocked kitchen (kombucha and cold brew on tap!), Annual staff retreat, Frequent company dinners and happy hours, Professional development
About The Founder
Bambee was founded in 2016 by Allan Jones (2x-entrepreneur & ex-CMO of ZipRecruiter, and Head of Product at Docstoc [acquired by Intuit]), who has a proven track record in developing successful product and marketing strategies for small businesses/HR.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, we comply with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
We expressly prohibit any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of our employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.