Los Angeles, CA /
People Operations /
Ranked by Forbes as one of America’s best startup employers for two consecutive years, Bambee is a growth stage, venture-backed startup that is developing and deploying best-in-class Human Resources technology and services, while reimagining employment for the largest segment of the job market - small businesses. Bambee consists of self-starters - past and future entrepreneurs who view their departments like small companies. As a member of the Bambee team, you have an insatiable drive for results. Solving customers’ problems excites you. Data guides you. Results inspire you.
Bambee’s goal to offer Human Resources for $99/month has never been done. The team accomplishing this is a team full of drivers. What are you? If you’re a passenger, thanks for reading. If you’re a driver, join us.
The company is looking to hire an Office Manager to help manage the office and keep company operations running smoothly. The role will report to the Director of People and play a critical role in supporting all members and departments in the organization, ensuring individual and team success. The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced environment, be extremely organized, and have experience overseeing high-functioning, high-traffic offices. In this role, YOU run the office and also play a key role in ensuring all employees have access to functioning equipment and access to the systems they need to be successful . Be assertive, smart, have good instincts, and be friendly. We're looking for someone who we can trust will take charge of how our office functions with the goal of forcing a high level of organization while producing warmth at the same time.
- Oversee all office administration including coordinating with suppliers, vendors, and the landlord
- Responsible for assisting in the onboarding process and ensuring a seamless and positive experience for all new employees.
- Responsible for all office expenses (including equipment, supplies, and food) as well as managing the associated budget and inventory management.
- Oversee facility management including office moves and expansion of space.
- Responsible for keeping the office neat, organized, and professional, and encouraging team members to do the same.
- Plan and execute office and company-wide events; responsible for all aspects of office events including arranging travel as necessary
- Greet and host guests, directing them to the appropriate areas as necessary.
- Supervises and coordinates the maintenance and alteration of office areas and equipment, as well as layout, and arrangement of office facilities.
- Oversee basic IT functions including equipment setup, license provisioning, and basic troubleshooting of devices
- Supervises the maintenance of office equipment, including printers, copiers , etc.
- Assist with scheduling meetings and interviews for members of the Executive Team and other department heads as needed
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excels in fast-paced environment
- Incredibly tech-savvy
- Strong attention to detail
- Problem solving skills
- Positive attitude
- Team player
- Desire to work in startup environment
Required Education, Licenses, Certifications, and Experience
- 5 years of office management of administrative experience or more (preferably at a tech company)
- Technologically savvy!
- Deep knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Google Workplace.
- Experience doing tech support (setting up computers, working with Audio Visual) - Preferred.
- Ability to draft correspondence, write copy, and proofread - Preferred.
What’s In It For you?
Bambee cares deeply about employee well being and is proud to offer the following benefits and perks:
Equity, 401(k) with an automatic 3% contribution (even if you don't contribute!), Unlimited vacation, Medical, dental, and vision insurance with options that are 100% employer paid, Life insurance, Generous health and wellness stipend, $500 personal travel stipend to promote new life and travel experiences, Sponsorship for participation in arts and cultural events, Weekly summer movie nights, Dog-friendly office, Commuter benefits, Fully stocked kitchen (kombucha and cold brew on tap!), Annual staff retreat, Frequent company dinners and happy hours, Professional development
About The Founder
Bambee was founded in 2016 by Allan Jones (2x-entrepreneur & ex-CMO of ZipRecruiter, and Head of Product at Docstoc [acquired by Intuit]), who has a proven track record in developing successful product and marketing strategies for small businesses/HR.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, we comply with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
We expressly prohibit any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of our employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.