Los Angeles, CA /
People Operations /
Ranked by Forbes as one of America’s best startup employers for two consecutive years, Bambee is a growth stage, venture-backed startup that is developing and deploying best-in-class Human Resources technology and services, while reimagining employment for the largest segment of the job market - small businesses. Bambee consists of self-starters - past and future entrepreneurs who view their departments like small companies. As a member of the Bambee team, you have an insatiable drive for results. Solving customers’ problems excites you. Data guides you. Results inspire you.
Bambee’s goal to offer Human Resources for $99/month has never been done. The team accomplishing this is a team full of drivers. What are you? If you’re a passenger, thanks for reading. If you’re a driver, join us.
Bambee is a next generation HR company that is looking to rapidly grow all internal and externally-facing teams. The company is looking to hire an experienced senior recruiter with exceptional sourcing skills to help accelerate our ambitious hiring goals. The role will oversee all of the recruiting functions for Bambee. Your primary focus will be scaling our recruiting strategy for all Bambee teams.
What You’ll Do
- Develop and deliver an inclusive talent strategy and execution plan that is able to deliver top candidates in a fast-growing startup
- Managing the process from posting through day-of-hire including:
- Partnering with hiring managers to determine staffing needs
- Work with HR and hiring managers to develop job descriptions for all new positions
- Posting new positions on various job boards
- Screening resumes
- Performing in-person, video and phone interviews with candidates
- Communicating employer information and benefits during the screening process
- Coordinating interviews with the hiring managers
- Following up on the interview process status
- Administering appropriate company assessments
- Making recommendations to the company’s hiring managers
- Performing reference and background checks
- Prepare offer letter packet including following up with candidates to ensure signed documents are received timely
- Work with tech to create an effective process for new hire provisioning
- Maintaining relationships with both internal and external clients to ensure staffing goals are achieved
- Develop and maintain relationships in the Tech start-up, HR and other relevant groups and organizations to create a pipeline of qualified candidates
- Staying current on the company’s organization structure, personnel policy, and federal and state laws regarding employment practices
- Serving as a liaison with area employment agencies, colleges, and industry associations
- Drive a strong candidate and client experience through a high-touch and consultative recruiting process
- Completing timely reports on employment activity
- All other duties as assigned
Who You Are
- Experience with Applicant Tracking Systems required
- Experience performing advanced Boolean searching for targeted candidate profiles
- Experience partnering with business leaders to define recruiting requirements and assist with staffing plans
- 4-6 years of experience in full lifecycle recruiting in corporate and/or start-up environments
- Experience placing all levels of employees from entry level to executive level candidates
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership of the selection process and successfully manage challenging assignments
- Excellent telephone demeanor
- Strong organizational skills
Bonus Points For
- Experience with Lever
- Successful track record of closing passive candidates through LinkedIn Recruiter and other networks
- You have a few stories to share about closing candidates in a tough market
- Startup experience with a successful track record of rapidly scaling teams
What’s In It For you?
Bambee cares deeply about employee well being and is proud to offer the following benefits and perks:
Equity, 401(k) with an automatic 3% contribution (even if you don't contribute!), Unlimited vacation, Medical, dental, and vision insurance with options that are 100% employer paid, Life insurance, Generous health and wellness stipend, $500 personal travel stipend to promote new life and travel experiences, Sponsorship for participation in arts and cultural events, Weekly summer movie nights, Dog-friendly office, Commuter benefits, Fully stocked kitchen (kombucha and cold brew on tap!), Annual staff retreat, Frequent company dinners and happy hours, Professional development
About The Founder
Bambee was founded in 2016 by Allan Jones (2x-entrepreneur & ex-CMO of ZipRecruiter, and Head of Product at Docstoc [acquired by Intuit]), who has a proven track record in developing successful product and marketing strategies for small businesses/HR.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, we comply with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
We expressly prohibit any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of our employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.