Director, Communications and Brand
Los Angeles, CA /
Ranked by Forbes as one of America’s best startup employers in 2020, Bambee is a growth stage, venture-backed startup that is developing and deploying best-in-class Human Resources technology and services, while reimagining employment for the largest segment of the job market - small businesses. Bambee consists of self-starters - past and future entrepreneurs who view their departments like small companies. As a member of the Bambee team, you have an insatiable drive for results. Solving customers’ problems excites you. Data guides you. Results inspire you.
Bambee’s goal to offer Human Resources for $99/month has never been done. The team accomplishing this is a team full of drivers. What are you? If you’re a passenger, thanks for reading. If you’re a driver, join us.
We are looking for a Director of Communications and Brand to lead all internal and external communications strategies. In this role you will partner with key stakeholders across Bambee to develop communications and media relations strategies that advance the business and audience development.
Reporting to the CEO, you will bring deep expertise across the range of corporate communications areas (brand, product, and internal). From new product launches to brand activations to HR trends, you will be passionate about building one of the next iconic brands with stories that are ambitious, engaging, and timely.
- Manage corporate reputation and thought leadership efforts across all key stakeholder groups including media, investors, and employees
- Foster relationships with HR, small business, and tech press to secure meaningful stories about Bambee’s business and products
- Actively monitor media opportunities to join the narrative
- Oversee corporate speaking and awards strategy
- Oversee and develop a variety of press releases and presentations
- Partner with People Operations team on employment brand and communications
- Manage relationships, deliverables, and budgets of all associated external agency partners
- Responsible for driving editorial cadence of activities to promote executives, products, and company culture with key audiences
- Develop, implement, and manage social media brand strategies and campaigns for maximum engagement
- Manage the organic social media presence, social listening infrastructure, and report on brand sentiment and market awareness
- Provide interview and speaking prep for executives, including the development of presentations, talking points, briefing documents, and other written and visual materials
- 10+ years of experience in corporate, public, and media relations with 3-5 years in SaaS technology, or similar companies in the tech industry
- Experience working cross departmentally and with C-suite leaders to develop and execute on critical corporate-level initiatives
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Drive for results – makes things happen and conveys a healthy sense of urgency
- Strong media relationships with journalists across business, technology, HR, finance, and consumer
- Experience leading communication functions including PR, executive communications, crisis communications, or similar
- In-house experience with a high-growth startup
- Entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to bring new ideas and thinking and overcome obstacles with limited resources
- Highly organized, phenomenal attention to detail, and ability to ruthlessly prioritize
What’s In It For you?
Bambee cares deeply about employee well being and is proud to offer the following benefits and perks:
Equity, 401(k), Unlimited vacation, Medical, dental, and vision insurance, Life insurance, Generous health and wellness stipend, $500 personal travel stipend to promote new life and travel experiences, Sponsorship for participation in arts and cultural events, Weekly summer movie nights, Dog-friendly office, Commuter benefits, Fully stocked kitchen (kombucha and cold brew on tap!), Annual staff retreat, Frequent company dinners and happy hours, Professional development
About The Founder
Bambee was founded in 2016 by Allan Jones (2x-entrepreneur & ex-CMO of ZipRecruiter, and Head of Product at Docstoc [acquired by Intuit]), who has a proven track record in developing successful product and marketing strategies for small businesses/HR.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, we comply with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
We expressly prohibit any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of our employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.