Chief People Officer
Los Angeles, CA /
Ranked by Forbes as one of America’s best startup employers for two consecutive years, Bambee is a growth stage, venture-backed startup that is developing and deploying best-in-class Human Resources technology and services, while reimagining employment for the largest segment of the job market - small businesses. Bambee consists of self-starters - past and future entrepreneurs who view their departments like small companies. As a member of the Bambee team, you have an insatiable drive for results. Solving customers’ problems excites you. Data guides you. Results inspire you.
Bambee’s goal to offer Human Resources for $99/month has never been done. The team accomplishing this is a team full of drivers. What are you? If you’re a passenger, thanks for reading. If you’re a driver, join us.
We are looking for a Chief People Officer to help us build a best-in-class business and culture. In this role, you will drive the people strategy across Bambee including employee development, organizational change, diversity, and recruitment with the primary focus of enabling our people to accomplish amazing things. You will have the unique opportunity to build our People infrastructure for growth, rethinking classic approaches to HR and innovating at every turn.
This role reports directly to the CEO and is a key advisor on organizational strategies. We are looking for a strategic leader with the desire to reinvent HR and the relationship between employee, team, and organization. This is the chance to test and incubate new ideas. The ideal candidate is someone who thrives with an open canvas and can successfully bring new ideas to life.
- Be a catalyst for innovation and champion new ways to advance our people experience
- Collaborate with the CEO and Executive Team to proactively develop and implement progressive programs that drive development, engagement, and culture
- Continually assess the competitiveness of the organization ensuring that it is welcoming and motivates high performance
- Supercharge our ability to attract, engage, and develop the best talent
- Reimagine and redefine the relationship between employees and their teams
- Translate the strategic and tactical business plans into innovative HR strategies and establish short and long-range departmental goals, objectives, and policies to support them
- Be a strategic partner, particularly from the perspective of the impact on the organization’s talent needs and development
- Design and direct the administration of benefit programs to include health, retirement, disability etc.
- Develop strategic HR plans and policies (recruitment, training, compensation etc.)
- Oversee People Operations tools (HRMS, ATS, LMS, etc.), continuously identifying and implementing new processes, technologies, and workflows that make sense for the business
- Be the leader for diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Act as a champion of our culture and core values
- Design and implement a forward-thinking review process that positions Bambee as an industry leader both internally and externally
- Ensure all procedures comply with legal regulations and best practices
- Work closely with General and Outside Counsel as needed
- Partner with the CEO and the Executive Team to craft the company’s vision and mission
- Champion personal and personnel development across all levels of the organization
- Coach and mentor leaders at all levels of the organization to help effectively coach and mentor their own teams
- Prepare reports for the CEO using business metrics and KPIs
- 15+ years of progressive HR experience managing multiple facets, including total rewards, culture, employee development, and a strong emphasis on recruiting
- Proven experience as an HR executive; experience in an operations leadership role (outside of HR) a plus
- Ability to see beyond classic HR approaches when facing new challenges
- Experience in making data-driven decisions when it comes to people, budgets, workforce and HR decisions
- Experience in strategic planning and implementation
- Deep knowledge of HR functions (talent management, recruitment etc.)
- Expert knowledge of software across the People Operations spectrum (HRIS to Recruiting to L&D)
- Experience leading reporting and analytics functions and high effectiveness of intertwining people metrics with core business results
- Experience working at a technology startup a plus
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local employment labor laws; international labor law experience a plus
- Possess a self-starter mentality with a roll up your sleeves and get things done mindset and a drive to make a direct, tangible impact on a rapidly growing team and company
- Working knowledge of Google Office Suite and Microsoft Office
- Ability to present at an executive level
- Well-organized with excellent leadership qualities
- Certification (e.g. SHRM-SCP/SPHR) a plus
- Experience at Fortune 1000 or top-tier technology companies a huge plus
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this role.
What’s In It For you?
Bambee cares deeply about employee well being and is proud to offer the following benefits and perks:
Equity, 401(k) with an automatic 3% contribution (even if you don't contribute!), a generous vacation policy, medical, dental, and vision insurance with options that are 100% employer paid, life insurance, a generous health and wellness stipend, $500 personal travel stipend to promote new life and travel experiences, a dog-friendly office, annual staff retreat, frequent company dinners and happy hours, and professional development.
About The Founder
Bambee was founded in 2016 by Allan Jones (2x-entrepreneur & ex-CMO of ZipRecruiter, and Head of Product at Docstoc [acquired by Intuit]), who has a proven track record in developing successful product and marketing strategies for small businesses/HR.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, we comply with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
We expressly prohibit any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of our employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.