Los Angeles, CA /
Ranked by Forbes as one of America’s best startup employers, Bambee is a venture-backed startup that is developing and deploying best-in-class Human Resources technology and services, while reimagining the employment experience for the largest segment of the job market - small and medium businesses. Bambee consists of self-starters - past and future entrepreneurs who view their departments like small companies. As a member of the Bambee team, you have an insatiable drive for results. Solving customers’ problems excites you. Data guides you. Results inspire you.
Bambee’s goal to offer Human Resources for $99/month has never been done. The team accomplishing this is a team full of drivers. What are you? If you’re a passenger, thanks for reading. If you’re a driver, join us.
We’re looking for a creative brand and communications designer to join our growing team. In this role, you’ll be a design partner to teams across marketing, sales, and product design. You’ll craft and shape the narrative of Bambee through a variety of print and digital experiences while helping prospective customers learn about Bambee and develop trust and affinity for the brand.
If you enjoy thinking holistically about brand and working across every facet of identity and marketing—from logos and naming conventions to style guides and design systems to websites and campaigns—this role could be a fit. We’re looking for someone who loves hands-on design work but who also wants to contribute strategically at the early-stage of projects and initiatives.
- Exploring a variety of visual design options and directions in a rapid iterative fashion
- Defining, developing, and delivering the visual design components of our products and working with engineers to ensure design integrity
- Creating concepts, designs, production assets, and visual design guidelines
- Refining and refreshing existing visual designs
- Contributing to and improving our design culture (best practices, tools, deliverables, communications, relationships, etc.)
- Working collaboratively with others
- Handling a continually changing workload
Qualifications & Attributes
- An outstanding eye for detail and consistency, combined with a deep understanding of branding, typography, color, usability, grid systems and responsive frameworks
- Strong sense of concept development, in addition to communication, collaboration, research, problem-solving, and presentation skills
- Solid visual design foundation (color, typography, layout, etc.)
- Proficiency with leading design software including Figma, Procreate, Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, etc.
- Ability to see an assignment through to completion in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to juggle multiple, varying assignments
- Experience building out a brand identity system and evolving it over time
- A design portfolio of your work is required to be considered for this position.
Bonus Points For:
- Degree in Graphic Design, Fine Art, Product Design, or related field
- Familiarity with web application product design (interface design, wireframes)
- Ability to establish credibility with team members quickly
- Experience with motion design and related software
- Understanding of how motion design influences UI and interaction design
- Experience working with remote designers
What’s In It For you?
Bambee cares deeply about employee well being and is proud to offer the following benefits and perks:
Equity, 401(k), Unlimited vacation, Medical, dental, and vision insurance, Life insurance, Monthly gym contribution, Health equipment reimbursement, $500 personal travel stipend to promote new life and travel experiences, Sponsorship for participation in arts and cultural events, Weekly summer movie nights, Dog-friendly office, Commuter benefits, Fully stocked kitchen (kombucha and cold brew on tap!), Annual staff retreat, Frequent company dinners and happy hours, Professional development
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, we comply with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
We expressly prohibit any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of our employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.