Sales and Operations Analyst
Los Angeles, CA /
Ranked by Forbes as one of America’s best startup employers in 2020, Bambee is a growth stage, venture-backed startup that is developing and deploying best-in-class Human Resources technology and services, while reimagining employment for the largest segment of the job market - small businesses. Bambee consists of self-starters - past and future entrepreneurs who view their departments like small companies. As a member of the Bambee team, you have an insatiable drive for results. Solving customers’ problems excites you. Data guides you. Results inspire you.
Bambee’s goal to offer Human Resources for $99/month has never been done. The team accomplishing this is a team full of drivers. What are you? If you’re a passenger, thanks for reading. If you’re a driver, join us.
As a Sales & Operations Analyst, you will support the Sales and Accounts teams while working cross-functionally with Marketing, Finance, and our Data team to build, own, and improve the analytical and reporting resources that allow the business to deliver KPIs, gain insights, make decisions, and launch new initiatives. As the first full-time analyst in the Customer organization, this individual will report directly to the Chief Customer Officer and be very hands-on while wearing a wide variety of hats. If you are super analytical and operational, love driving meaningful insights, and enjoy spending time in spreadsheets as much as you enjoy collaborating with cross-functional teams, this is the role for you.
This is a fast-paced, rapidly-growing startup. You will be a contributor from day one. Your insights and experiences will have an immediate, meaningful impact on our business. Bambee is a company where your ideas will be valued, challenged, respected, and implemented based on merit.
- Build, maintain, and improve large, complex Google spreadsheets used to track business performance, with the aim of automating as much as possible in the short term and migrating these to SQL-based reports and dashboards in our Periscope BI platform over time
- Perform ad-hoc analyses as required by Sales or Accounts leadership
- Prepare slides for weekly company leadership meetings, including ongoing revenue funnel analysis, deep dives into operational KPIs, and other topics as needed
- Administer sales commission plans and account management bonus plans, including revenue and deal reporting, spiffs, upsell tracking, and other team goals
- Quickly become an expert and front-line support for sales and customer systems, processes, and data, especially Salesforce.com’s Sales Cloud and Service Cloud
- Identify opportunities to improve business processes, generate business requirements, and work cross-functionally to define and deliver process improvements
- Monitor data and performance of sales and accounts activities to identify trends, gaps, and opportunities; resolve data quality issues if necessary
Required Qualifications & Attributes
- Bachelor’s degree or related work experience
- 3+ years’ experience in B2B sales, operations, finance, or internal strategy
- Superior analytical and reporting skills with the ability to develop actionable takeaways from insights
- Experience analyzing large volumes of data and presenting in a concise and intuitive manner
- Expert in Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets – demonstrated experience building and working with advanced models
- Able to tackle a problem independently and quickly iterate to a solution
- Detail-oriented with a knack for organization and process improvement
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Must be able to multi-task, prioritize and work quickly/accurately under pressure
- Should be goal-oriented, energetic, a team player, and responsive
Preferred Qualifications & Attributes
- Experience with SQL and/or a strong willingness to learn
- Salesforce.com experience, including creating reports and dashboards
- Knowledge of automated data importing/updating tools, e.g. Coupler.io, Zapier, etc.
- Experience administering sales commission plans or other metric-driven bonus programs
- Startup experience, preferably including SaaS/subscription products and/or the SMB market
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this role.
What’s In It For you?
Bambee cares deeply about employee well being and is proud to offer the following benefits and perks:
Equity, 401(k) with an automatic 3% contribution (even if you don't contribute!), Unlimited vacation, Medical, dental, and vision insurance with options that are 100% employer paid, Life insurance, Generous health and wellness stipend, $500 personal travel stipend to promote new life and travel experiences, Sponsorship for participation in arts and cultural events, Weekly summer movie nights, Dog-friendly office, Commuter benefits, Fully stocked kitchen (kombucha and cold brew on tap!), Annual staff retreat, Frequent company dinners and happy hours, Professional development
About The Founder
Bambee was founded in 2016 by Allan Jones (2x-entrepreneur & ex-CMO of ZipRecruiter, and Head of Product at Docstoc [acquired by Intuit]), who has a proven track record in developing successful product and marketing strategies for small businesses/HR.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, we comply with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
We expressly prohibit any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of our employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.